Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  284
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a couple of 2020 track days???

Seeing the Facebook posts and videos shook me a bit. We've always had a "check your ego at the gate" policy and then we borrowed this from Fast Ed and his years as an instructor, "Just because your car is fast, doesn't mean you are". I hope our day goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    TMP just posted on there instagram that there will be zero tolerance moving forward for this type of stuff. I'm sitting here thinking... how wasn't that already in place?
    A perfect example of that old saying "closing the bar door after the horses have bolted"

Quite a bit of carnage, I saw Armen’s ig post , too bad for those involved

Hard to imagine so much could happen in one single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    TMP just posted on there instagram that there will be zero tolerance moving forward for this type of stuff. I'm sitting here thinking... how wasn't that already in place?
    EXACTLY. I saw someone commented that TMP had a marshal there. So asked what where they doing?? Sleeping? It fairly easy to see that kind of stupid driving and yank the car/driver and send them packing.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Recipe : take a bunch of young people (probably) with to much $$. Spend it all on they re cars.Put them in lock down for a month or so (prob more) . They watch all the Fast & Furious movies a few times . Open up the track a little late, and attendance is good because they re not at work or school. Don t have, enforce lapping Day Rule at the track = Pandemonium at the Track!! It s really sad that this happened, I really hope this doesn t ruin things for everyone... Side effects of this BS could be poor for the good guys and costly also

Thank you for the kind words guys. The credit goes to everyone who gives up a big piece of their day to help out with the event, it's a larger group vs what most realize, we all rock. Next and equally important, great group of people attending.
    I totally get at least some would prefer we skipped the drivers meeting (or at least ditch the old guy n hire a super model) but it and the guidelines we tweak are in place to make the day smoother for all of us. As in the past, suggestions are always welcome.
    The idea to have no passing in the Rookie group has netted 100% positive feedback. First few times out on the track you have enough on your hands without having to watch for approaching cars, remember which side they are allowed to pass on then signalling. Combine that with being able to easily cycle off n on the track if your holding up or being held up by others and a big chunk of the first time out stress is gone. Never gets old seeing the perma grin from rookies to the event coming off for the first time.

Seemed like a shit show from the posts I saw , “fast & furious “ tards

Same as the ones doing the ridiculous donut antics in city street intersections n streets.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Same as the ones doing the ridiculous donut antics in city street intersections n streets.
    Exactly what I was thinking, same shmucks