Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  284
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a couple of 2020 track days???

I hope TMP gets there shit together. I was really looking forward to going to these open lappings days...

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

I was planning on attending at least every second Monday this year, feel same as above. Want to be there so bad it hurts but in the same breath, not looking to be part of that kinda shiat show. I assume it's still Mitch doing Marshall duties. Great guy to work with, he's normally very straight forward with whats ok and whats not.

Too many fucktards there for one guy to handle
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

That's true, they really should have at least one other marshal station on a course that size ... when you're at the opposite side of the track to the pit in / out area, most people are not going to see what the flagger is signalling. Mosport DDC is a similar length and most events there run with a pit marshal plus 2 on track.

Us road course guys pay a fair amount of money, granted the track is open to use as much/little as you want.
    Drag strip guys seem to pay pennies compared, and get an army of track prep people and timing
    I wouldn't want to be the guy throwing out really pissed off people that just caused damage to multiple cars.
    9/10 times one guy is enough if every one behaves, just not this time
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    That's true, they really should have at least one other marshal station on a course that size ... when you're at the opposite side of the track to the pit in / out area, most people are not going to see what the flagger is signalling. Mosport DDC is a similar length and most events there run with a pit marshal plus 2 on track.
    It’s simple though. State it up front that you follow the rules or your kicked to the curb with no refund. Those idiots will learn really quick. I’m sure stupid driving was happening long before the smash up derby.
    Oops. This meant to be a reply to Brads post, not Ed’s.

I been out there with other groups during the week and it’s been great. Once was with a viper club and those guys where awesome. Super welcoming and happy to see me out there in my fox mustang (few years ago)
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

I was there on Wednesday and the session from 12-4 was fine. When these assholes came though, they were ignoring red and black flags, driving past cars during a yellow and red....dive bombing...a complete disregard for other people...I just parked my car and watched in disbelief at these morons.
    '20 Raptor S/CREW | '15 Mustang GT

I'd love to be a marshal at a open lapping day. I think it would be funny telling someone driving like a retard to take a hike. Thanks for the $180... have a nice day.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
    I was there on Wednesday and the session from 12-4 was fine. When these assholes came though, they were ignoring red and black flags, driving past cars during a yellow and red....dive bombing...a complete disregard for other people...I just parked my car and watched in disbelief at these morons.
    Wow, that's crazy, if I was participating I would have done the same then tell the track to either maintain discipline or give me a partial refund. Glad to hear you were able to stay away from them.

Just remembered a story some of the guys at WNNOTC have heard ... I was there at a weeknight lapping maybe 10ish years ago when I had a crapper Taurus SHO for a track day car. Met some guys from the Ontario SHO club at TMP to hang out and turn some laps. While I was out bombing around, I got dive-bombed in the braking zone for turn 6 (the tight 120 degree left-hander) just before I was about to turn in. Luckily for the dude in the newish 911 making the pass, I typically do one last mirror check as a habit from racing before turning the wheel. I only had to wait another second or two and he was by, but I was thinking that there likely would have been some crying on his part if my rusty old crapcan had pranged his shiny machine. LOL