Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  86
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Supercharger Financing:

A PD blower like KB / M90 etc makes big low n mid range torque vs a Pro Charger which to me is more important / fun vs peak h/p.
    Gains with headers on a milder set up are minimal, good mid pipe n cat back is really all you need unless targeting a max effort.
    On mild set up n safe tune, expect to make 400/400 at the tires, yes it's capable of more if you desire.
    While that may seem tame compared to some, keep in mind it'll start making appreciable power n torque in the 2000rpm range.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    A PD blower like KB / M90 etc makes big low n mid range torque vs a Pro Charger which to me is more important / fun vs peak h/p.
    Gains with headers on a milder set up are minimal, good mid pipe n cat back is really all you need unless targeting a max effort.
    On mild set up n safe tune, expect to make 400/400 at the tires, yes it's capable of more if you desire.
    While that may seem tame compared to some, keep in mind it'll start making appreciable power n torque in the 2000rpm range.
    Like Rick said...you want torque not HP. Be prepared to be disappointed if you spend money on a procharger kit. I had an 02 GT before my Cobra that I put an intercooled Novi 2000 kit on. Badass blower but terrible on a street car. You slam the throttle and say to yourself "that's it"? There is a reason everything out there now runs a TVS or twin screw. GT500, ZL1, Hellcat, ZR1 you name it. Sounds like your budget is tight so anything more than 400hp/400tq is going to cost you your shortblock anyways. Have fun with your decision
    Doing my part to boost the economy