Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  60
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St Thomas Drag Track

Quote Originally Posted by BOOOSTD View Post
    I've heard that the Grand Bend drag strip will be shutting down in 2 years - anyone else hear that?
    Not True.......Nasty Rumor....owner clarified/corrected that rumor on facebook link in website..........he hears that stuff every year.

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    Not True.......Nasty Rumor....owner clarified/corrected that rumor on facebook link in website..........he hears that stuff every year.

Thanks for clarifying!....I certainly don’t want to add to the rumor nor do I want to see Grand Bend shut down. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never been to Grand Bend and would like to check it out and make some passes there.

I’m also looking into attending Summit Motorsport park this year October 2-3 for Street Outlaws no prep event.
    My son and I watch it religiously and I’ve already booked the time off work to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I’ve never been to Grand Bend and would like to check it out and make some passes there.

I’m also looking into attending Summit Motorsport park this year October 2-3 for Street Outlaws no prep event.
    My son and I watch it religiously and I’ve already booked the time off work to attend.
    Entire Track Surface redone 4 or so years ago.
    Best surface around.
    Yes Im going watch a No Prep Event this year...tooo scarred to enter..manual transmission wouldn't help...
    I believe No Prep at Grandbend takes place at the back road, not on main track.

Any idea what the condition of the road course is like at Grand Bend? Never been to any events there on either track.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I was there the end of last August for a drag race weekend. The road course pavement and curbing were in great shape. Track looks like it would be lots of fun with some pretty fast sections depending on configuration.
    The grand stands and facilities were pretty run down tho.
    I do believe the no prep stuff would be held on the back section of straight/runway.
    We got in shit for checking out the no prep area because it was a live runway for the sky diving club there.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

"The grand stands and facilities were pretty run down tho." Yes washrooms all 3 tracks NOT great.
    Grandbend pit side/main side stands getting replaced this year....soo they say...
    I am too scared to do anything but try drive straight...never tried road course.

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    I am too scared to do anything but try drive straight...never tried road course.
    Just be scared you'll get hooked on road course racing.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Just be scared you'll get hooked on road course racing.
    My 2004 mustang doesn't handle great at all' ..my AWD Fusion handles well..

The dragway track on Friday night test and tune they pour the glue down ' they don't skimp...your wont spin..