Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd President in History to be impeached?

3rd President in History to be impeached?

Looks like Pelosi has sent it in.
    They should have enough votes in the house to make it official although it most likely wont pass in the Senate and Trump will remain president.
    Today was history whether you agree or not.
    Meanwhile our Clown PM is representing Canada in a stellar fashion.

They were going to push it no matter what. Been trying since the day after elected to find something to bring him down. And you know it’s out of nothing but spite,Because I think it was Palosi that said they don’t care if the senate doesn’t remove him because he will still get an “i” next to his name in the history books.

I still say fine impeach him. Then hold the same standard to everyone else. Obama, Biden, Clinton, multiplies other members of Congress and senate are on record doing the same thing. Set the precedent then bring them all down.

Either way decent summery I pulled from an article the other day

“And the case against impeachment
    President Trump will not be our last president and what we leave in the wake of this scandal will shape our democracy for generations to come. I am concerned about lowering impeachment standards to fit a paucity of evidence and an abundance of anger. If the House proceeds solely on the Ukrainian allegations, this impeachment would stand out among modern impeachments as the shortest proceeding, with the thinnest evidentiary record, and the narrowest grounds ever used to impeach a president. That does not bode well for future presidents who are working in a country often sharply and, at times, bitterly divided.

I get it. You are mad. The president is mad. My Democratic friends are mad. My Republican friends are mad. My wife is mad. My kids are mad. Even my dog is mad... and Luna is a golden doodle and they are never mad. We are all mad and where has it taken us? Will a slipshod impeachment make us less mad or will it only give an invitation for the madness to follow in every future administration?
    That is why this is wrong. It is not wrong because President Trump is right. His call was anything but "perfect" and his reference to the Bidens was highly inappropriate. It is not wrong because the House has no legitimate reason to investigate the Ukrainian controversy. The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one's political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense. It is not wrong because we are in an election year. There is no good time for an impeachment, but this process concerns the constitutional right to hold office in this term, not the next.
    No, it is wrong because this is not how an American president should be impeached. For two years, members of this Committee have declared that criminal and impeachable acts were established for everything from treason to conspiracy to obstruction. However, no action was taken to impeach. Suddenly, just a few weeks ago, the House announced it would begin an impeachment inquiry and push for a final vote in just a matter of weeks.
    To do so, the House Intelligence Committee declared that it would not subpoena a host of witnesses who have direct knowledge of any quid pro quo. Instead, it will proceed on a record composed of a relatively small number of witnesses with largely second-hand knowledge of the position. The only three direct conversations with President Trump do not contain a statement of a quid pro quo and two expressly deny such a pre-condition.”

By Jonathan Turley, George Washington University Law School and BBC contributor

Off my meds again
    That **** and every Demorat should be strung up for treason.

How many Republican presidents have the Dems tried to impeach?

This will be a total shitshow. The dems are in full retard mode right now, and you know how the saying goes....

And...in before moved to BFF

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    How many Republican presidents have the Dems tried to impeach?

This will be a total shitshow. The dems are in full retard mode right now, and you know how the saying goes....

And...in before moved to BFF
    Just one, as I recall. And the Demorats haven't forgotten it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    wait until the Bidens are called to testify. My understanding is that other members of congress/senate can also be impeached.
    The Bidens should be locked up, same with the Clintons.

wait until the Bidens are called to testify. My understanding is that other members of congress/senate can also be impeached.
    yep. if it ever happens. too many hold outs. Obama did a hell of a job in his 8 years stacking the deck against future republicans in the doj, fbi and cia. its pretty obvious now that they were setting up for a long game. and hard to believe the media aren't in on it.

- - - Updated - - -

imagine the media coverage if Trump went off on a civilian like Bidan did the other day.

Isn't every president on the hot seat right until they leave? Even up to Obama's last day in office people were trying to prove he wasn't American. Like....it was a little too late at that point.

I think this comes with the job. I don't think they will get him out and I think he will win again next year. (not that I'm a supporter)

It's a waste of tax payer money if they do all this and it still doesn't pass.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Isn't every president on the hot seat right until they leave? Even up to Obama's last day in office people were trying to prove he wasn't American. Like....it was a little too late at that point.

I think this comes with the job. I don't think they will get him out and I think he will win again next year. (not that I'm a supporter)

It's a waste of tax payer money if they do all this and it still doesn't pass.
    I think true to a point. Opposition always trying to find dirt and make you look bad.

They have just gone so far overboard with trump that they are really showing their true colours.

Polls are showing the public dosnt want impeachment.

They have fabricated the obstruction issue.

It all doesn't matter they are going ahead no matter what.

All this will make a great movie in about 10 years after they find out what really happened behind the scenes...

there's still a hoax about Trump making fun of a disabled reporter. He uses the same gestures he always uses but somehow this was picking on a disabled person. Fabricated offense. Joe calls a fat guy fat on tape and, well minimal press. Keep in mind that according to progressive dogma fat shaming is totally out of bounds.

The Democrats are an arm of the media party, not the other way around.

Obama is a private citizen, as is Hillary. They can be subpoenaed, which would be entertaining.

Shiff, Schumer, Pelosi, Nadler are all using positions of power to subvert the election results. Impeach.
    Ya I saw that Biden meltdown on that big dude yesterday. Funny thing was when Biden said the guy was a liar, and the guy said he heard it in MSNBC, Joe didn’t even give it a second thought, he instantly said “no, you didn’t”, or something like that. Almost like he KNOWS msnbc is on his side. Damn media is way too biased lately.