Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3rd President in History to be impeached?

the low bar precedent this is setting that number is gonna go up fast now.

It’s pretty funny how things change.

Jerry Nadler said in 1998 “There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment, or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come and will call in to question the very legitimacy of our political institutions”.

Of course, it was President Clinton who was about to face impeachment at that time.........

Quote Originally Posted by Biz View Post
    Passed the Judiciary Committee.
    Its heading to the house vote. -2 votes each article.
    I think this one is locked in now.
    3rd Prez ever.
    It’s sort of meaningless considering it will never pass in the Senate.
    Mirrors Clinton, except then the Congress was bipartisan and the a Senate Controlled by the a Democrats.

Looks like Trump is in this for the long haul, can't see him walking away and leaving all his hard work left to be undone - I would think his motives are complete take over - if he wins another term and given a third, He could very well be the last US elected president....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

^I don’t think he can have a third term, unless I’ve read it wrong. Regardless this will never, ever pass, the dumbass Democrats have spent years trying to make this happen, claiming it was “urgent” and a “priority”...yet once it was voted on, Pelosi sat on it for a month? Some “priority”, lol. Ever since he was elected the dems all cried “impeachment”, she herself said they have been working on it “over a year”-yet the allegations they’re running on are from just a few months ago, figure that out.
    All this time and money wasted, all the while there are many, many much more important things Congress should be focusing on. Very telling imo, but 92red will be in shortly to tell us “orange man bad”.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Looks like Trump is in this for the long haul, can't see him walking away and leaving all his hard work left to be undone - I would think his motives are complete take over - if he wins another term and given a third, He could very well be the last US elected president....
    i think he is good, but I do not see him running for three terms (prevented anyway), but he might support Ivanka Trump running (if she wants) and becoming the first woman president.

If he did get three terms I can see the gun control Democrates providing weapons to some jerk to knock him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    A good chunk of voters believe Trump is now impeached.
    He is impeached.
    He hasn’t been convicted or removed yet (nor will he).
    -Don____________

The way I understood after listening to some podcasts. Untill Polosi sends in the paperwork. He is technical not impeached.

Think signing divorce papers but not filing them.

The Dems want a say in, IF and HOW congress does a trial. That’s not the way the law works. If the house wanted a trial they should have had one instead of just ramming it threw like they did.

All they wanted was the gotcha over Trump. Now she is trying to save face since they impeached with no evidence.

It’s not a divorce. It’s high crimes and misdemeanours.

Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body levels charges against a government official. Impeachment does not in itself remove the official definitively from office; it is similar to an indictment in criminal law, and thus it is essentially the statement of charges against the official.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    It’s not a divorce. It’s high crimes and misdemeanours.
    My understanding is that the House impeaches and the Senate decides if to remove or not (which they won't as with Clinton). McConnell and Lindsay has already said they were not impartial jurors - the delay is likely related to this.