Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6

Thread: DCC fan controller?

DCC fan controller?

Been looking into fan controllers, anyone currently running a controller from DCC?
    Unit I'm looking at is their FK-45 controller.
    Have any issues with it?
    Any issues with buying from their website?

Thanks

-Usawit2

Club Supporter
    I'm not sure which one I have but have the paperwork at home somewhere - he modified one of the models on the website for my setup (dual ramcharger style fans). I did have to replace the unit a couple years ago but he said it may have been a failing fan that killed it.

The issue with ordering from them is speed and lack of communication but if you can live with that you'll get the product and it worked fine for me for a few years before it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I'm not sure which one I have but have the paperwork at home somewhere - he modified one of the models on the website for my setup (dual ramcharger style fans). I did have to replace the unit a couple years ago but he said it may have been a failing fan that killed it.

The issue with ordering from them is speed and lack of communication but if you can live with that you'll get the product and it worked fine for me for a few years before it failed.
    Thanks for the reply, from reviews on line the speed/communication seem to be an issue. I sent him an email inquiring about lead time + shipping etc so I'll see when he replys.

-Usawit2

I used the DCC unit in my Fox over 15 years ago and had no issues so I'm guessing his products are still doing well.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by USAWIT2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, from reviews on line the speed/communication seem to be an issue. I sent him an email inquiring about lead time + shipping etc so I'll see when he replys.

-Usawit2
    If you're not in a rush for it you'll be fine. That said, as a past customer with an issue he was pretty responsive to my issue and customized and shipped out a replacement in reasonable time (a couple weeks including shipping from the US). The first one I bought definitely took longer but I was collecting parts for a build at the time (2010) so I wasn't in a rush and knew in advance it would take several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    If you're not in a rush for it you'll be fine. That said, as a past customer with an issue he was pretty responsive to my issue and customized and shipped out a replacement in reasonable time (a couple weeks including shipping from the US). The first one I bought definitely took longer but I was collecting parts for a build at the time (2010) so I wasn't in a rush and knew in advance it would take several weeks.
    I'm not in any real rush,(besides wanting to get my car done) cars in the garage till spring. I'll wait for a bit on the email to make sure about shipping and then probably place an order in the new year.

-Usawit2

I have one that I can sell. Brand new never used . It is the variable one You hook it up to the high speed side of the fan and it adjusts its speed. No need for big 60 amp relays etc:

Quote Originally Posted by Windjammer View Post
    I have one that I can sell. Brand new never used . It is the variable one You hook it up to the high speed side of the fan and it adjusts its speed. No need for big 60 amp relays etc:
    I'd be interested in it, I'll send you a PM

-Usawit2

Picked one up

-Usawit2