Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone with legal experince?

Friend talk to his insurance and they said they would handle everything. Said it happens all the time and to not worry about it.

Crappy situation all around.

Accident was in the paper so I don’t think there is an issue sharing details.

Basically he was driving home one night. It was dark. Paved road doing the speed limit. There was a tractor headed towards him in the other lane. He was blinded by the lights of the on coming tractor, could see nothing Behind it. As he when’s past the tractor he saw a quick flash and then “the world exploded in front of him.” Next thing he remembers is the on star lady asking if everyone was ok.

Turns out the wife of the guy in the tractor was following the tractor when she somehow lost control ran into the back of the tractor and rolled her truck into the oncoming lane.

Truck rolled into the drivers side and my friend smashed square into the roof at 80km/h. Didn’t even have time to touch the brakes.

Lady in the truck was in a coma for a bit and sounds like she will never fully recover. My friend had a broken hand and other bumps bruises and back issues.

It’s a wonder neither was killed.

Police report put her as at fault but said they don’t know why she ran into the wagon first. Sounded like either distracted driving or she possibly had a medical issue behind the wheel. They said they really may never know.

Law suit is going for 10 mil. And said that my friend was at fault and listed. Speeding distracted driving and a bunch of other stuff that isn’t close to true. As well as not substantiated by the police report.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Friend talk to his insurance and they said they would handle everything. Said it happens all the time and to not worry about it.

Crappy situation all around.

Accident was in the paper so I don’t think there is an issue sharing details.

Basically he was driving home one night. It was dark. Paved road doing the speed limit. There was a tractor headed towards him in the other lane. He was blinded by the lights of the on coming tractor, could see nothing Behind it. As he when’s past the tractor he saw a quick flash and then “the world exploded in front of him.” Next thing he remembers is the on star lady asking if everyone was ok.

Turns out the wife of the guy in the tractor was following the tractor when she somehow lost control ran into the back of the tractor and rolled her truck into the oncoming lane.

Truck rolled into the drivers side and my friend smashed square into the roof at 80km/h. Didn’t even have time to touch the brakes.

Lady in the truck was in a coma for a bit and sounds like she will never fully recover. My friend had a broken hand and other bumps bruises and back issues.

It’s a wonder neither was killed.

Police report put her as at fault but said they don’t know why she ran into the wagon first. Sounded like either distracted driving or she possibly had a medical issue behind the wheel. They said they really may never know.

Law suit is going for 10 mil. And said that my friend was at fault and listed. Speeding distracted driving and a bunch of other stuff that isn’t close to true. As well as not substantiated by the police report.
    Sounds like the police report will back your friend up - maybe it's some weird tactic to end up in some settlement with their own insurance company (who I'm sure is trying to minimize/limit payouts in a case of long term health related benefits if the other driver will require lifelong care/treatment/rehab) in a roundabout way.