Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone with legal experince?

anyone with legal experince?

in terms of auto accidents and personal injury claims. just a couple quick questions.

pm please

Related to being sued for an accident the police deemed the fault of the other driver (the one who’s family is doing the suing)

Yes they are calling a lawyer today was hoping for a easy resolve.

it happened to a friend of mine - sadly I don't think they won, but best to see a lawyer - in the end I think the insurance companies will hash it out - sorry to here this always a fear of mine since it happened to a friend!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

That’s the weird part the letter he was served with listed the other drivers insurance company and my friend as defendants. But not my friends insurance company. The police report said the other driver was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    That’s the weird part the letter he was served with listed the other drivers insurance company and my friend as defendants. But not my friends insurance company. The police report said the other driver was at fault.
    I know the same thing happened to my friend - was t-boned at an intersection but got sued - if I'm not mistaken it was settled out of court - not sure how it affected my buddie's insurance tho - I'm bad for asking questions the High Commander always gives me shit for that....lol and hates it when I call her Mrs. Kravitz - That's not Lenny's mom. Best to see a lawyer hope it all works out
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Please what ever you do DO NOT CALL DIAMOND and DIAMOND. My mother was hit by a car years ago and they raped her pockets and left her to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

That’s just a bully tactic. When your friend gets a lawyer they laugh and counter.

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Please what ever you do DO NOT CALL DIAMOND and DIAMOND. My mother was hit by a car years ago and they raped her pockets and left her to dry.

that Diamond guy looks a little too shiney for my liking...I think in the end it will be up to the insurance companies but it doesn't hurt to get a consultation maybe counter suit
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Fortunate we don’t live i the U.S.A
    I wouldn’t worry too much. Depending on circumstances.
    My story
    A few years back I was at an intersection and the minivan ahead of me started to make a right on a red. I was stopped.
    I looked to my left to confirm I could proceed with her. And took my foot off the brakes at the same time.
    She stopped and didn’t go. I bumped her and cracked her bumper cover.
    We pulled over and she asked to use my phone to call her son. She was fine and said it just spooked her. I gave her my phone. I called the police and they said go to reporting center.
    I told them I can’t “ the truck I’m driving is on it way to get an alternator and my battery won’t get me that far”
    So the son arrives and the police then an ambulance. As soon as her son saw a Comercial vehicle she had neck and back pain.
    I was charged with leaving a stop in an unsafe manner. Which I was guilty of.
    My insurance company called me 6 months later for a statement.
    She was still off work and was suing me.

I never heard anything again from anyone

I was at fault and the adjuster said she won’t get anything. In Canada it has to be pretty severe for them to pay out.
    Apparently this lady had a history of being rear ended and looking for pay outs.

^^^I had an almost identical situation. Except the plaintiff put 2 injury claims into the suit. I told my insurance company there was only one occupant in the vehicle, that being the driver. Last I ever heard of anything. Damn scammers.
    -Don____________