Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5,804
Page 294 of 428 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 4278

Thread: What are you Drinking!!

Ok boys, I’ll start by saying that I’m a beer drinker.. all kinds of beer.

But what is it about craft beer that you love so much? I get it, different flavours, hops etc... but I’ve tried many diff craft beers over the years and to be honest I disliked a lot of them. Some of them were great.. but I would never trade a 24 of my banquet for. Or stella. Or bud. Or pbr etc..

I like wine, but there’s no crazy experimental flavours with wine.. I’ve had lots of that too. I dunno, it’s just I see a lot of craft beer posted here and I think to myself.. yeah I might enjoy the first one but after that no chance
    '88 LX

Amsterdam Fractured is back. Found it at the Beer Store.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I like wine, but there’s no crazy experimental flavours with wine.. I’ve had lots of that too.
    There’s fewer ingredients to play with with wine, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t endless combinations, styles, flavours, etc. Just like beer.

My tastes with beer have changed a lot over the years. You find what you like.
    At first, I hated beer. But the only beer I was exposed to was what was in Dad’s fridge, Blue, Schooner, Lone Star.
    When I started university in Waterloo I was exposed to Waterloo Dark. Completely different, this was something I could enjoy. From there I continued on darker beers.
    I didn’t really like IPA’s, but there again it was because I never had a good one. After my sister bought a place in Vermont and started bringing home Heady Topper, I was like “ooo! I like this!”. From there, I’ve just been exploring tons of different IPAs. Some I like, some not so much. But since IPAs are so hop forward, it gives the brewer more licence and there ends up being a huge variety.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    I personally find big brewery beers to be bland and more about the alcohol than the flavour, and their ingredients are geared toward their profit margin versus quality/flavour (kind of like shopping at Walmart versus a specialty shop that pays attention to the details).

Stuff used in big brewery beers (now or in the past) that I like to avoid: GMO Corn Syrup, GMO Corn, GMO rice, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Fish Bladder, Propylene Glycol, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Natural Flavors, GMO Sugars, Caramel Coloring, Insect-Based Dyes, Carrageenan, BPA

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Stuff used in big brewery beers (now or in the past) that I like to avoid: GMO Corn Syrup, GMO Corn, GMO rice, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Fish Bladder, Propylene Glycol, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Natural Flavors, GMO Sugars, Caramel Coloring, Insect-Based Dyes, Carrageenan, BPA
    Stella no longer uses fish bladder. LOL, I like how they try and fancy up corn by calling it “maize”.

Stella Artois: hops, malted barley, maize and water (and yeast)
    Budweiser: Water, barley malt, rice, yeast and hops
    Coors Banquet: water, barley malt, (liquid) corn, yeast and hops

edit: intent wasn’t to sound like a beer snob, but I freely admit to being one.
    Last edited by RedSN; 02-24-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    -Don____________

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Amsterdam Fractured is back. Found it at the Beer Store.
    Thanks for the heads up!!

I personally find big brewery beers to be bland and more about the alcohol than the flavour, and their ingredients are geared toward their profit margin versus quality/flavour (kind of like shopping at Walmart versus a specialty shop that pays attention to the details).

As long as it’s not like this then all is good

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Thanks newbs. What’s next, you’re going to ruin hot dogs for me?
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Stella no longer uses fish bladder. LOL, I like how they try and fancy up corn by calling it “maize”.

Stella Artois: hops, malted barley, maize and water (and yeast)
    Budweiser: Water, barley malt, rice, yeast and hops
    Coors Banquet: water, barley malt, (liquid) corn, yeast and hops

edit: intent wasn’t to sound like a beer snob, but I freely admit to being one.
    Guinness had the fish bladders in the past too (not sure about Stella) but not sure if they replaced that ingredient yet (I believe they said they were going to once they got the backlash). You can still get "beer" with insect based dyes (Radlers but I'm not sure Don considers those beer since they have fruit juice in them).

Club Supporter
    Thanks newbs. What’s next, you’re going to ruin hot dogs for me?
    Farmed fish and shrimp?

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

What are you Drinking!!

Guinness had the fish bladders in the past too (not sure about Stella) but not sure if they replaced that ingredient yet (I believe they said they were going to once they got the backlash). You can still get "beer" with insect based dyes (Radlers but I'm not sure Don considers those beer since they have fruit juice in them).
    “NO FRUIT IN BEER!!!!”

Funny when in LCBO I’m about to pick it up but then hear Don’s voice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver