Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5,805
Page 48 of 428 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Drinking!!

No fancy pics ... just sum Ruskie vodka !

99chromegt
    Cheers! I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Nick. Maybe he is still sleeping

K just ran out if mix for this cheap vodka , think
    I'm gonna try crushin some OJ in the magic bullet and make a smoothie ..lucky mrs ain't home or I'd get in shiat for creativity

Club Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    Cheers! I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Nick. Maybe he is still sleeping
    Just got back bud,
    I didn't bring the dslr, so lots of cell phone pics to post, my buddy was rough this morning (lightweight) I was up at 8am after 4 hours of tossing and turning

Finally cracked open the bottle of 100% Rye Canadian Club last night. I enjoyed it a lot more than regular CC, nice flavour and smoothness.

I tried it at a sampling they were doing at the LCBO a month or so ago. It is definitely full of that crisp Rye flavour that is distinctly Canadian. For those that like a rye whiskey, it is nice.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Well, my WAD got the better of me this weekend. It is a difficult affliction to deal with. Others that also suffer from Whiskey Acquisition Disorder will know what I am dealing with.

It started with a trip yesterday to the Forty Creek Distillery, to have a look around, chat with the people there and, of course, have some samples and bring home a bottle or two. I spent 20 minutes or so speaking with some peeps, tried the new Double Barrel Reserve and the Confederation Oak Reserve. The former is a nice whiskey with a great balance of Bourbon flavour from the barrels they bought to mature this in. The Confederation Oak is an interesting story. They harvested 150yr old trees from near the distillery to make the casks. It was easily the smoothest whiskey I have had in a long time that wasn't an 18+ year old scotch. As I was trying it the woman says that it has won accolades for being the smoothest whiskey, but that the latest lot - Lot "E" - was not as nice as some in the past. It was the E that I was sampling and it was fantastic. She actually recommended that if I really wanted the best available at the moment, that I should try to find a lot D at the LCBO instead of getting the lot E they had at the distillery store. So I bought the Double Barrel Reserve there, and headed home.

But I wasn`t content and my WAD was in full swing, so today I headed to an LCBO in Richmond Hill (Yonge & Stouffeville RD) that showed online that they had some of the Confederation Reserve in stock. Sure enough it was the lot D that they recommended at the distillery. Sitting next to it were a few bottles Makers Mark 46, a special bottling of MM that has since run dry. It is difficult to find, and if you do I recommend you grab some. It is remarkable stuff and now will never be available again. Then in line I saw the Crown Royal abomination ... Apple flavoured. I bought it because I wanted the green bag.

BECAUSE RACECAR

Matt, you have a problem, I think you need to invite me over to help destroy the evidence

TheMustangShow