Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5,810
Page 49 of 429 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Drinking!!

^^^like Smithwicks, never seen the red ale before.

....maybe they'll have it at the Duchess tonight.
    -Don____________

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    Well, my WAD got the better of me this weekend. It is a difficult affliction to deal with. Others that also suffer from Whiskey Acquisition Disorder will know what I am dealing with.

It started with a trip yesterday to the Forty Creek Distillery, to have a look around, chat with the people there and, of course, have some samples and bring home a bottle or two. I spent 20 minutes or so speaking with some peeps, tried the new Double Barrel Reserve and the Confederation Oak Reserve. The former is a nice whiskey with a great balance of Bourbon flavour from the barrels they bought to mature this in. The Confederation Oak is an interesting story. They harvested 150yr old trees from near the distillery to make the casks. It was easily the smoothest whiskey I have had in a long time that wasn't an 18+ year old scotch. As I was trying it the woman says that it has won accolades for being the smoothest whiskey, but that the latest lot - Lot "E" - was not as nice as some in the past. It was the E that I was sampling and it was fantastic. She actually recommended that if I really wanted the best available at the moment, that I should try to find a lot D at the LCBO instead of getting the lot E they had at the distillery store. So I bought the Double Barrel Reserve there, and headed home.

But I wasn`t content and my WAD was in full swing, so today I headed to an LCBO in Richmond Hill (Yonge & Stouffeville RD) that showed online that they had some of the Confederation Reserve in stock. Sure enough it was the lot D that they recommended at the distillery. Sitting next to it were a few bottles Makers Mark 46, a special bottling of MM that has since run dry. It is difficult to find, and if you do I recommend you grab some. It is remarkable stuff and now will never be available again. Then in line I saw the Crown Royal abomination ... Apple flavoured. I bought it because I wanted the green bag.

I drove past the maker's mark distillery two weeks ago. Should have stopped in to check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    Well, my WAD got the better of me this weekend. It is a difficult affliction to deal with. Others that also suffer from Whiskey Acquisition Disorder will know what I am dealing with.

It started with a trip yesterday to the Forty Creek Distillery, to have a look around, chat with the people there and, of course, have some samples and bring home a bottle or two. I spent 20 minutes or so speaking with some peeps, tried the new Double Barrel Reserve and the Confederation Oak Reserve. The former is a nice whiskey with a great balance of Bourbon flavour from the barrels they bought to mature this in. The Confederation Oak is an interesting story. They harvested 150yr old trees from near the distillery to make the casks. It was easily the smoothest whiskey I have had in a long time that wasn't an 18+ year old scotch. As I was trying it the woman says that it has won accolades for being the smoothest whiskey, but that the latest lot - Lot "E" - was not as nice as some in the past. It was the E that I was sampling and it was fantastic. She actually recommended that if I really wanted the best available at the moment, that I should try to find a lot D at the LCBO instead of getting the lot E they had at the distillery store. So I bought the Double Barrel Reserve there, and headed home.

But I wasn`t content and my WAD was in full swing, so today I headed to an LCBO in Richmond Hill (Yonge & Stouffeville RD) that showed online that they had some of the Confederation Reserve in stock. Sure enough it was the lot D that they recommended at the distillery. Sitting next to it were a few bottles Makers Mark 46, a special bottling of MM that has since run dry. It is difficult to find, and if you do I recommend you grab some. It is remarkable stuff and now will never be available again. Then in line I saw the Crown Royal abomination ... Apple flavoured. I bought it because I wanted the green bag.

You Sir, need me to be your friend......
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Not4you is definitely passionate about his drink .

99chromegt
    Nice haul Matt. Thanks for the info on the different lots. I am really enjoying my bottle of double reserve. I will look for the oak and pick that one up too. Not sure if it's a good idea to setup up a mustang cruise to the 40 creek distillery this season with the drinking and driving theme but it might be a good destination.

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    Nice haul Matt. Thanks for the info on the different lots. I am really enjoying my bottle of double reserve. I will look for the oak and pick that one up too. Not sure if it's a good idea to setup up a mustang cruise to the 40 creek distillery this season with the drinking and driving theme but it might be a good destination.
    I have been thinking about that and one of the reasons I wanted to meet with them was to talk about group tours. the end of the tour includes 3 samples that are 1/2 oz each. So 1.5 oz is a bit on the high side for some peeps right before leaving. If we stay responsible and only taste, not drink the entire sample it'd be fine, but I bet some would want to have a DD with them.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by 99chromegt View Post
    Not sure if it's a good idea to setup up a mustang cruise to the 40 creek distillery this season with the drinking and driving theme but it might be a good destination.
    What could possibly go wrong!?

-Don____________

^^^ at least you had the bus.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Can't we just get along?? svo1990mustang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What could possibly go wrong!?

LMAO great times!

And on top of all that, the first real world sighting of GUYCAR

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
    "Small cubes and boost makes Darryl something something.............."

Working in the Maritimes until the end of the month. Slipped over to see some friends in Charlottetown PEI tonight and had this micro brewery Gahan Iron Bridge Brown Ale at dinner, liked it so much I picked up some to cart back to Ontario when I drive home. Love my dark beers!