Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5,805
Page 53 of 428 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Drinking!!

TheMustangShow

...an old Reliable. ^^^

Glass out of the freezer... pour...wait...PERFECT!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post

...an old Reliable. ^^^

Glass out of the freezer... pour...wait 20 minutes to warm back up to the correct temperature...PERFECT!
    fix't. but please tell me that at least the can started out warm ...
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by baddbullitt View Post

Enjoying some wine!!

Wine for 3...
    Having this again, but for 2, not 3..lol..

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    fix't. but please tell me that at least the can started out warm ...
    First time I had a Guinness, many moons ago in Dublin, it was cold, it's only in England you get the more temperate Pulls of Guinness, they probably do it just to piss the Irish off. LOL

If you do The Tour, the samples are cold.

Further, the nitrogen filled widgets in the cans (I hope whoever invented those was made a KNIGHT or something Elevated because the idea is so brilliant) to simulate the Draught Experience at home, need to be cold to function properly.

Never understood the allure of warm fcking Beer, I drink beer to be refreshed.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    First time I had a Guinness, many moons ago in Dublin, it was cold, it's only in England you get the more temperate Pulls of Guinness, they probably do it just to piss the Irish off. LOL

If you do The Tour, the samples are cold.

Further, the nitrogen filled widgets in the cans (I hope whoever invented those was made a KNIGHT or something Elevated because the idea is so brilliant) to simulate the Draught Experience at home, need to be cold to function properly.

Never understood the allure of warm fcking Beer, I drink beer to be refreshed.
    Was the same in the pubs in towns around Ireland when I was there - served chilled.

On deck...

Quote Originally Posted by baddbullitt View Post

On deck...
    Nice.......

been there, done that. gone are the days of correct temperature beer. New laws were passed all across Europe and the UK that affected the pasteurization process. some pubs would still have the kegs being pulled from a cool celler. Some even had 2 taps for Guinness - 1 was the old stlye kept at around 50 degrees, the other the new "Extra Cold" that was closer to 38. Around the time that I moved back home it was harder and harder to find a pub that still have the original on tap, everywhere was moving to the Extra Cold variety - even in Dublin at the tour (the original was no longer available the second time I visited). While pasteurization laws did change, the main focus behind Guinness Extra Cold was that it appealed to lager drinkers and those previously not keen on stout. the colder the beer, the less the taste buds can sense, so cold stouts and heavy ales were marketed to the broader beer drinking market. And it worked, especially in North America.

Beer was meant to be "room temperature", but this is from back in the day when the room was in an old drafty castle, so the rooms were in the 50 degree range, not 70 like our homes today. Once poured the drinker would hold the glass in their hands to warm it a little more. "Warm" is wrong. This isn't about warm beer, it is about 'chilled' vs 'cold' - with chilled being warmer than cold, but not actually warm. Its the difference between warm (70+), chilled (50s) and cold (just above freezing).

The widget is a tool created to release nitrogen into the beer to create the correct head once the can/bottle is opened. Back when it first came out and up until the late 90s, if the can was opened when not cold, the nitrogen expansion would cause the can to overflow before it could be properly poured. In the late 90s the widget was modified so that this would not happen and the can could be opened with the beer now chilled not cold, the way it was intended.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

^^^agreed. Good beer should be cool. Not freezing, not warm.

Mmmm, nothing better than a nice Scottish cask ale. Out of all the beers I had on my British isles tour, Scotland was my favorite.
    -Don____________

From that area, I definitely agree. Belhaven had some nice beers. Of anywhere else, Belguim has some awesome beers too. I spent a lot of time in Antwerp when I lived over there and a local beer - De Koninck - was my fav.
    BECAUSE RACECAR