Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5,805
Page 8 of 429 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Drinking!!

HyperGT
    Glennfiddich is the devils piss (even the scots dont drink it).....having a rare bottle is cool but nearly blasphemy to call it the stanley cup(both to the cup and scotch) . Honestly anything over 18 years I find is not as good as 12-18yr bottles. I think that is the scotch sweetspot, my 40yr is neat tasting, very sherry like and completely unique but not something i would enjoy to sit down with at night.
    Anyway cool topics!

I agree that the older than 18s are typically less enjoyable. and thus very disappointing once you have spent the money and actually decided to drink it. My reference to the Stanley Cup was in relation to it being 1 of 700 bottled, not specifically the Brand.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

I will stick with Canadian whiskies, for some reason i can't stomach scotch......it all tastes like burnt wood to me.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

There are some very nice Canadian whiskies suitable for sipping (I have not mixed anything with pop since college) - Collingwood is one I have been enjoying recently - but some days nothing beats sitting back with a wee dram of Laphroiag, savouring the greased rope notes, even hours after you stopped drinking it. lol
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Collingwood is very good, but lately i have found myself sipping on some Forty creek copper pot. Friend of mine got me hooked on it. Keep it chilled in the freezer, served over some crushed ice.....me likey......

and those greased rope notes you speak of.....you may want to reconsider what you are putting in your mouth, or find other wording for it.....
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

HyperGT
    ^^^you need to try the highland or spyside types. I dislike lagavulin and Laphroaig and in general very peaty scotches, others love it. If you like crown royal (i do too) then the smooth scotches should suit your palette.
    LOL ok Matt...you are forgiven !

Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT View Post
    Glennfiddich is the devils piss (even the scots dont drink it).....having a rare bottle is cool but nearly blasphemy to call it the stanley cup(both to the cup and scotch) . Honestly anything over 18 years I find is not as good as 12-18yr bottles. I think that is the scotch sweetspot, my 40yr is neat tasting, very sherry like and completely unique but not something i would enjoy to sit down with at night.
    Anyway cool topics!
    i don't like Scotch period. i bought purely as an investment. if you can find one of the 700 i have, they are trading for around 3800.00 pounds. i will wait til it approaches the $10,000.00 CAN. mark before i sell.

HyperGT
    yup expensive devils piss lol. If you know where to look in the uk i have seen them recently for 2500 sterling....a lot of $$ and good on you for holding it! In 10 years i think you could get your 10k, just store it properly.

^^^you need to try the highland or spyside types. I dislike lagavulin and Laphroaig and in general very peaty scotches, others love it. If you like crown royal (i do too) then the smooth scotches should suit your palette.
    LOL ok Matt...you are forgiven !
    My preference is clearly on the sweeter side (canadian rye, all the Balvenies I have in that pic), but I gotta have something peaty (oohhh, Ardbeg) for a change of pace every once in a while. keeps things interesting.

so, while we have the attention of some spirits drinkers ... it looks like a recent trend is moonshine and clear whiskies. tried any? legit or gimmick?
    BECAUSE RACECAR

yup expensive devils piss lol. If you know where to look in the uk i have seen them recently for 2500 sterling....a lot of $$ and good on you for holding it! In 10 years i think you could get your 10k, just store it properly.
    depends on the bottling date. mine is 2001 or 2002. i cant remember. when i get a chance i will take it out of its original shipping box/foam then open the wood case with the key to get to the info and the bottle. i store it in my bedroom closet. is that proper storage???