Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panhard 99 GT

Panhard 99 GT

I m still wanting to get the Pan Hard part for my Mustang. Would it be necessary to get the Torque arm also ?? I like to do a little road course and drag...

Yes Panhard can be installed n works well without a Torque arm however combo of both is epic for road course and drag strip.

What ZR said.

You can have a panhard bar without a torque arm.
    But you can not have a torque arm without a panhard bar.
    -Don____________

Also suggest you have it welded vs bolted only in place (in spite of what instructions suggest). Must be installed within the suggest alignment tolerance to work properly without binding.

Keep in mind that if you decide to weld the PHB in consider your exhaust, not sure about the 99's but on my 91 there is no way that you can get the passenger side tailpipe in with a PHB in unless they are 3 pc tailpipes.

-Usawit2

Only exhaust I've seen fit on the pass side without mods is SLP on a 99 up. It's modular design gives you enough adjustment to clear. As for the rest of em, normally end up cutting / fitting (as stated, 3 pcs the norm) and welding back together in place. Not overly pleasant but doable. Suggest welding because yet to see the passengers side end of the bracket stay fully in place over the long haul. If it's to remain bolted, perhaps a plate bolted to the floor and welded to the outer vertical bracket might help. Given how different the U shaped bracket fits over both sides of the rails one car to another, you really get an idea of inconsistent the actual rails are (width) and how differently fitted one car to another. MM realizes it and gives you a few frame filler plates to slide into place where needed.

I m running side exhaust so I don t think thats in the way of anything except speed bumps lol

For sure no issue with PHB then, torque arm may be a whole different story though.
    Once installed, gonna wish you'd done it a whole bunch sooner.

Heh... I’m still running ‘dumps’ cause of my ph bar.

It kicks ass though.
    '88 LX

My Flowmaster American Thunder catback fit with minimal fuss. Rattles the odd time but not bad at all.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.