Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Built 4.6:

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Sold GT/CS and bought Shelby... where u been? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, sorry man.

Good for you!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Debated about supercharging GT/CS for a year. A member found one for me and didn’t do it. Went another direction.... Shelby was answer to more power for me.

Debated about supercharging GT/CS for a year. A member found one for me and didn’t do it. Went another direction.... Shelby was answer to more power for me.

I cant part with mine man. Held on to it for too long! It's part if our family & it's my legacy.

It's at an age now where insurance is cheap & I just love the look of mine!

Just needs more HP & torque!

I hear y’a... felt same about mine. Opportunity knocked and I took it. Still think of GT/CS but 500 is cool.

Want an cake n eat it to build, check this idea out.

-KB blower and all the fixings that go along with it nets you around 400/400 at the tires. As I said before, while it may pale in comparison to whats "said" to be big power on the street, guarantee it'll put a smile on your face every single time you drive it.
    -Know nothing about rest of your car but saw cool driver and roadcourse so let's look at that aspect n the following list.
    ~ Full Maximum Motorsports hit underneath, coil overs, Bilsteins, Panhard, Torque arm and at least Cobra brakes for the front (Caddy Brembo calipers look like a promising swap), maybe even a K member. Add to that a set of quality aftermarket seats and you'll be making excuses to drive it every chance you get.
    Now your talking about a ride with great power and the good stuff underneath it to make it drive and handle like you never thought possible, yes this stuff takes your car to a level you never knew even existed.
    Now you've got a slot car handling, big power and a car you can still drive anywhere.
    Whats not to love?

Sounds sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Want an cake n eat it to build, check this idea out.

-KB blower and all the fixings that go along with it nets you around 400/400 at the tires. As I said before, while it may pale in comparison to whats "said" to be big power on the street, guarantee it'll put a smile on your face every single time you drive it.
    -Know nothing about rest of your car but saw cool driver and roadcourse so let's look at that aspect n the following list.
    ~ Full Maximum Motorsports hit underneath, coil overs, Bilsteins, Panhard, Torque arm and at least Cobra brakes for the front (Caddy Brembo calipers look like a promising swap), maybe even a K member. Add to that a set of quality aftermarket seats and you'll be making excuses to drive it every chance you get.
    Now your talking about a ride with great power and the good stuff underneath it to make it drive and handle like you never thought possible, yes this stuff takes your car to a level you never knew even existed.
    Now you've got a slot car handling, big power and a car you can still drive anywhere.
    Whats not to love?
    I agree with you Rick.

My car does have alot of suspension & brake mods already. Just missing the power.

Need to put together a plan & money to make the wants a reality.

Car is beautiful btw.... you really take care of it by the way it looks!!

Car is beautiful btw.... you really take care of it by the way it looks!!

Thanks! I've always tried to keep her is good shape. Hard to believe it's got 129,000kms on the odometer!

Had it paint corrected & ceramic coated in August. Very happy with the results & highly recommend doing it.

If the blower n go on your stock engine isn't going to make the cut, next most affordable big power option is a full Termie drivetrain swap. That gives you the killer engine backed by a T56 trans. Even cooler if you include IRS at the same time. In stock form with pulley and a tune it's going to make 470ish at the tires on the stock blower with option of a Whipple or similar later. Reason I jumped to that vs doing a built engine then blower later, your stock trans would survive just fine for the blower n go idea but a boosted big h/p combo will see it fail in a very short time, Cobra stuff is good as is.
    While getting harder n harder to find, still out there and many times can be purchased as a full drop out including all bits n pieces.