Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  107
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 GT purchase

2017 GT purchase

Here are a couple of quick phone shots of the 2017 GT that I picked up yesterday. Less than 22,000 km, originally from Alberta. It's had a repair on the right front corner but it doesn't seem that anything structural was damaged, I'm guessing a fender and maybe a headlight. Paint blend on the hood isn't 100% but I'm not super picky about that sort of thing. The car was about $2K under market value according to the scale on Auto Trader, that was sort of the idea of making an off-season purchase to see if a deal could be had.

It is a manual trans of course, has the Performance Pack, and also the base interior with the Recaro seat option. Triple Yellow Tricoat with the black painted roof. Previous owner had Roush mufflers installed, a decent tint job, and clear film paint protection applied on many key areas. So I think that it was reasonably well bought at $32K. Car went straight to a friend's storage spot yesterday, thankfully the weather cooperated. Now the wait until spring!

IMG_1698 resize.jpgIMG_1670.JPG
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Congrats Ed
    23 M240ix (daily) & modified 99 C5

Looks terrific, hope you enjoy it Ed.

Congrats Ed.... happy for ya!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Excellent Ed! Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

That's Awesome Ed, Congratulations again!

I've always been partial to Yeller... my first GT was SY, it's a loud colour but that painted roof helps break it up, it looks sharp!!

This is kinda GR cliché I guess... but any plans for any type of wing on the back in the future?

Congrats Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    That's Awesome Ed, Congratulations again!

I've always been partial to Yeller... my first GT was SY, it's a loud colour but that painted roof helps break it up, it looks sharp!!

This is kinda GR cliché I guess... but any plans for any type of wing on the back in the future?

Thanks everyone. The yellow is not a usual sort of pick for me, Grabber Blue would have been my first choice but yes the black roof certainly helps to tone down the yellow a bit. And yes I have been looking to see what's out there for front splitters and rear wings that actually do something but they are probably not mods that I will do right away.

First mod will be a square wheel & tire fitment ... I thought about getting another pair of the rear PP wheels which are 9.5" wide but then I found online that they are over 32 lbs. per corner! So I will be looking at aftermarket options instead, leaning toward the Fast Wheels FC04 which are less than 22 lbs. in the same size. Other thing to be done straight away is some heat shielding on the exhaust in the area of the diff housing. Some people have experienced overheating of the diff which will put the car in to a reduced power mode. From what I've read in the track section of the Mustang 6G forum, several people have had success with shielding and also changing the diff fluid to thicker 75W140 to withstand the temp a bit better.

My SVO and Jag will be up for sale. I didn't drive the XJR at all last summer, and the SVO got limited usage, partially because I had that nice Mustang Ecoboost manual trans car for a demo during that time. I've gotten to the point where I'm a bit spoiled driving the newer cars, and I just don't feel like wrenching on the older ones. I could do some big mods and get the SVO to the point where it would be capable of running briskly around the track, but I would be paying someone else to perform most of the work. Getting lazy in my old age I guess, I just want to drive the toy and not have to do much wrenching on it.

Great looking wheels.

Nice wheels. I was supposed to get a set for winter use last year but got something else. Those are nice and light. Great choice and the price is great.