Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  81
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice for Purchasing GT Mustang?

CriticalCore

Advice for Purchasing GT Mustang?

I suppose I'll make this a short intro as well, have hopped on over to these forums after a few months going back an forth deciding on what kind of Rwd Manual I'd want to buy. These day's I'd assume it'll probably be my last ICE car so I may as well have fun with it until then.
    Will be looking for the V8 GT's very likely 2015+ do so as not to be too old & the newer looks have grown on me, these are about the only one's that are as quick as my bike Fz07 and definitely more exciting my current daily driver, the exhaust note is stellar aswell. Original list was the 86, Miata - all too small for my size though, +6FT & ~37 Inch leg inseam. Can barely fit into those goddamn tiny cars, this left the Mustang & 370z - was originally leaning towards the Nissan due to the lower price & supposed better reliability. Digging in though, the CSC slave cylinder made out cheap plastic & clutch in general are a real pieces of shit in the 370z's and can break down in less than even 20,000 KM's. Disappointing Nissan - there is even complaints that they have a class action lawsuit against them for this specific issue. Compared to the Stang issues, they pale in comparison, cars got more space & power so even a better DD overall.

Wanted to ask for advice as to what I should be looking for when looking at them & test driving - Budget wise I want to keep it under 30K for this year - this seems to be GT's in the 2017-2015 range W/ about 30,000KM on average. Will be haggling with dealers for a while unless they just give a good discount.
    So far have found that I oughtta be looking for ticking noises in the engine & odd noises with some gears at specific RPM's. Apparently some have strange vibration issues due to the tires even & also some break rotor issues. Since thesecars will probably be over +20K KM I'd assume they would've already been addressed.

Lastly, is there a specific few mechanics recommended saw mentions of a Dr. Z in another topic but no mention of location lol.

Good morning n welcome to TMC.
    To me, trick to buying a vehicle that will keep you happy for years to come is making a list of what is or isn't important to you then seeing whats out there that checks off the bulk of them. Fortunately for you, club is sponsored by three terrific Ford dealers any of which would be happy to put you behind the wheel of a Mustang.
    I'm in Scarborough, easy to contact via pm.

If Track pack n Recaros are important to you, great deal posted last week on a white one.
    Anyone recall what thread it was in?

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Thats the one, thank you good sir.
    Smokin deal plus uber low km's.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Thats the one, thank you good sir.
    Smokin deal plus uber low km's.

If I hadn’t bought my Shelby this past summer, I’d buy this in a heartbeat
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Nice car for the money.....

Plus sporting at least a couple mods

CriticalCore
    With new 2019 base GT's going for ~36K - a 6 grand discount on 2 year old one with 10K already doesn't look great from my POV, albeit the track-pack & seats aren't something given much weight to in my case. If it's within the 30K range then you'd be better off just buying a new one...

Similar to the OP - any advice on what to look out for in used Mustangs, recommended mechanics Live, live around northern Toronto , & some preventative maintenance recommendations would be appreciated!

Mustang Occasionally
    Yes, that white one is a very base car. No NAV, no drive modes. Recaros is the only option. I don’t think it’s even a track pack car, looking more closely.