Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Apple Mac Mini Help

Apple Mac Mini Help

Any Apple guru's out there?

I am on my second Mac mini and this one runs hot old tired dog slow. I am really getting frigging annoyed by how many times I see that little sock cucking beachball swirling around. Virtually every time I click something I get the stupid beachball.

We don't use this system for much of anything other than surfing. System is pretty basic with 1.4 GHz dual core 4gb ram and 500 gig storage with 350 gig remaining. I always kill open programs.

Initially I set up with a backup of our old unit and the problems were bloody awful. I moved anything worth saving to a portable drive, wiped the unit and started with a fresh install. This cleared things up for a while and lately this hunk o' shit is making me desire a windows computer.

Anyone 'splain to me in simple english, and I mean like you are talking to a toddler, what the farts could be happening and what I should do other than beat it with a sledge?

Thanks
    JZ

How old is the Mac Mini? What OS are you using? What about the RAM? Did you do a RAM test?

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Any Apple guru's out there?

I am on my second Mac mini and this one runs hot old tired dog slow. I am really getting frigging annoyed by how many times I see that little sock cucking beachball swirling around. Virtually every time I click something I get the stupid beachball.

We don't use this system for much of anything other than surfing. System is pretty basic with 1.4 GHz dual core 4gb ram and 500 gig storage with 350 gig remaining. I always kill open programs.

Initially I set up with a backup of our old unit and the problems were bloody awful. I moved anything worth saving to a portable drive, wiped the unit and started with a fresh install. This cleared things up for a while and lately this hunk o' shit is making me desire a windows computer.

Anyone 'splain to me in simple english, and I mean like you are talking to a toddler, what the farts could be happening and what I should do other than beat it with a sledge?

Thanks
    JZ

Our old Mac got slow and we tried to upgrade ram and stuff and it was a no go.

Seems Apple builds in a shelf life where they just don’t work right any more. My parents ran into the same thing.

If your just surfing the internet tablets are a great option and less money that a whole computer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    How old is the Mac Mini? What OS are you using? What about the RAM? Did you do a RAM test?
    I bought this system in September of 2018. Currently running Catalina 10.15.2. I was unaware that I could run a RAM test. Thank you! I will do this as soon as I have time and patience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Our old Mac got slow and we tried to upgrade ram and stuff and it was a no go.

Seems Apple builds in a shelf life where they just don’t work right any more. My parents ran into the same thing.

If your just surfing the internet tablets are a great option and less money that a whole computer
    At this point, it would bring me joy to smash this POS into pieces.