Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell 2

Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell 2

Anyone here have one of these Ring Camera Doorbells, just looking for your input on what you like or don't like about it.

Thanks in advance.

Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

I don't have the door bell but I have a couple ring spot light cameras. they work great. I know some people have concerns about hacking potential, but Im not sure that's any different from any wifi device.

I will say that when no one changes the battery it becomes useless. the one at my house I bought the solar panel for and never have to worry about it.

the only things I find bothersome with the cameras is false triggers, sun reflecting off of trucks driving by always sets off the one at the house. and there is a delay when they turn on. so if someone runs by they can be past the camera before it turns on

not sure if the doorbell cams have the same issues.

Club Supporter
    Don't know if all the reports since the cameras came out are true but don't put it inside your house. Have to wonder is they can gain access like this via the device to insert malware in your network to get your banking and other info/passwords, then e-transfer your money from your bank accounts/investments (the bank won't cover those losses).

We have one. It’s good, we like it. But depending on your wifi speed the interactive feature is useless.
    We also had to (recently) get the Ring Chime Pro to fix an issue with the doorbell going offline all the time.
    -Don____________

I have the spot light cam. Put it on in November. Like it so far.