Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  75
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking About Supercharging

If max handling is not important, if boost will put a smile on your face............ DO IT!!!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Thinking About Supercharging

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    If max handling is not important, if boost will put a smile on your face............ DO IT!!!
    Wait don’t you have boost and max handling? For an old chassis design it cornered pretty darn good. No complaints here
    Oh enough to give a s550 with a good driver mod some thoughts too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Naw old car with an even older fart behind the wheel is all. Do my best to stay outta everyone's way at track days though.

pwrab
    If I had some ‘stupid money’ to blow, I’d do it.
    Why? Who wouldn’t want to own a 700hp+ beast? If we wanted an A to B commuter car, we wouldn’t have bought Mustangs. To me, if I could (afford to add a blower), I would.
    Not being a road course racer, I’m not concerned about weight and cornering limits, etc.
    Plus if fuel is an issue, again, you own a Mustang....
    And as for ‘you’ll never use all that power’, maybe not, but there’s a lot of 400plus hp cars on the road that are all in the same boat.

Go for it. Enjoy it. Have no regrets and give no thoughts to naysayers, if that’s what you want to do!

I say go for it to. Some people say its wrong that I drive my 675 rwhp little 2 valve mustang to track towing that tent trailer...just go for it!

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

If you had stupid money I know what you would be buying buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrab View Post
    Why? Who wouldn’t want to own a 700hp+ beast? If we wanted an A to B commuter car, we wouldn’t have bought Mustangs. To me, if I could (afford to add a blower), I would.
    Not being a road course racer, I’m not concerned about weight and cornering limits, etc.
    And as for ‘you’ll never use all that power’, maybe not, but there’s a lot of 400plus hp cars on the road that are all in the same boat.

Go for it. Enjoy it. Have no regrets and give no thoughts to naysayers, if that’s what you want to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Yes ZR, this is my big worry. Now I’m rid of the club sport S tires, the car has an almost zen-like behaviour on the street.

Thanks everyone for your input so far!
    ??

Doesn't the PP2 come with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires? You got rid of them for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ??

Doesn't the PP2 come with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires? You got rid of them for something else?
    Yes, they were finished in 4200 km, which did include a few track days. They were fantastic on the track but truly a PITA for street use. New Michelin super sports are way nicer on the road.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 01-22-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Yes, they were finished in 4200 km, which did include a few track days. They were fantastic on the track but truly a PITA for street use. New Michelin super sports way nicer on the road.
    ahh, gotcha

yeah, I have the same tires on mine (Cup 2's), very sticky, not so good in the cold though and they pick up every fucking rock and pebble on the ground LOL, I'm keeping them for track only and will be putting on a set of 4S for the street. Unfortunately they don't make it in a 315 for the rear which is stock size but I'm going just go with the 325, a lot of people doing that with no issues and the tread wear on the 4S is like triple the cup 2 so that will be good at least LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pwrab View Post

I agree! Two things I've learned driving SC'd rides:

1. Getting that power to the ground can be very challenging. Found myself more often then not doing diggs from 80 or 100 kms/hr. to help reduce tire spin.

2. Danger Will Robinson! Its soooooooo easy to get yourself in trouble aka, loosing control if you're not prepared for all that HP/TQ when you jam the go pedal....especially when cooler temps are around. Thrilling...with the odd brown stain in the underwear if you're not used to it.