Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  143
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk tires for my GT 500

Talking Let's talk tires for my GT 500

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ahh, gotcha

yeah, I have the same tires on mine (Cup 2's), very sticky, not so good in the cold though and they pick up every fucking rock and pebble on the ground LOL, I'm keeping them for track only and will be putting on a set of 4S for the street. Unfortunately they don't make it in a 315 for the rear which is stock size but I'm going just go with the 325, a lot of people doing that with no issues and the tread wear on the 4S is like triple the cup 2 so that will be good at least LOL
    Dave I run a Nitto INVO 325 on the rear of mine without any issues at all. Contemplating going wider next time for the street (345) but need to check fitment to ensure they wont poke. A 305/30 front with 325/30 rear on your car would be amazing.
    FABMAN

Nitto Invo tires have been around forever now. Tire technology progresses so quickly that better choices are available in the same price range.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Dave I run a Nitto INVO 325 on the rear of mine without any issues at all. Contemplating going wider next time for the street (345) but need to check fitment to ensure they wont poke. A 305/30 front with 325/30 rear on your car would be amazing.

What size wheels are you running Fab? Do you have a pic of current setup? Mine already poke out a bit on 11.5" rear on the stock setup, I kinda like that look though so as long as no rubbing I'm cool with it. From what I've read the Nitto runs a little narrower than the Michelin on same size street tires (I know for sure the 555's do cause we measured Matt's 315 vs. my 315 and it was about .5" difference across

Are the 555's a decent tire? its what I'm thinking about in spring. And any ideas of cost?

A new version of the 555s came out a few years ago, NT555 G2 ... they have decent reviews and test results. The original 555 was getting very long in the tooth as well. I suspect that the Invo is likely due to be updated or replaced at some point, they've been out probably 10 years which is an eternity in the performance tire world.

Are G2 all season or strictly summer or avail in both. Want summer tire. Know where I can get deal?

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Are G2 all season or strictly summer or avail in both. Want summer tire. Know where I can get deal?
    G2 just means Gen 2 version of that tire and no the triple 5's are NOT all season... And no deals on tires... always expensive!! LOL

Thx...on my to do list...don't think GY f1's gonna cut it.?

We can get Nitto through Parkway, but sort of the wrong side of the GTA for you!

I think that DaSilva was selling the brand as well, you could check in with them.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Thx...on my to do list...don't think GY f1's gonna cut it.?
    I have F1's on both Mach's they have been amazing tires... one of the highest rated for wet weather as well, but I don't think they come in your size

one of my favourite tread patterns though

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...Eagle+F1+GS-D3