Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  143
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk tires for my GT 500

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    I've hijacked this thread...sry.....I have F1's on it now. They are that good??
    If you have GS-D3's yes... I don't know what F1's you have, there are like 84 different types... did you click the link I posted? Does yours look like that?

Almost all of the Goodyear performance tires are named Eagle F1 with another notation after that, they have about 10 different tires with the designation. The OEM GT-500 tires on your year were the Eagle F1 Supercar I think which are fast wearing but have decent grip ... an older tire that has been surpassed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...le+F1+Supercar

Dave your F1 GS-D3 were a top rated tire back in the day, especially in the wet as you mentioned. I had a set on my T-Bird SC for a while. They are only made in limited sizes now, and again time marches on and gives us better choices.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Almost all of the Goodyear performance tires are named Eagle F1 with another notation after that, they have about 10 different tires with the designation. The OEM GT-500 tires on your year were the Eagle F1 Supercar I think which are fast wearing but have decent grip ... an older tire that has been surpassed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...le+F1+Supercar

Dave your F1 GS-D3 were a top rated tire back in the day, especially in the wet as you mentioned. I had a set on my T-Bird SC for a while. They are only made in limited sizes now, and again time marches on and gives us better choices.
    True...

and yeah I just went back to check, only two sizes available now (on tire rack anyways)... both for 17 which is fine for new edge cars but not so much for newer models now...

Mav, just get yourself a set of 4S's and be done with it... dual compound, top notch street tire, great on the track as well if you go and decent in cooler temps I'm sure they make them in a size for your beast... they are not cheapest tire by any means but you do get what you pay for according to reviews I've read and people that have used them on street and track... Your a Shelby guy... you can afford it!!!

How much are they? I have deep pockets but have short arms. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much are they? I have deep pockets but have short arms. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeeeeesus... bend at the waist man!!

depends what size you are going to go with... you can PM Parkway for a quote if you know what size

I've hijacked this thread...sry.....I have F1's on it now. They are that good??
    Hijack away, interesting info here....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    What size wheels are you running Fab? Do you have a pic of current setup? Mine already poke out a bit on 11.5" rear on the stock setup, I kinda like that look though so as long as no rubbing I'm cool with it. From what I've read the Nitto runs a little narrower than the Michelin on same size street tires (I know for sure the 555's do cause we measured Matt's 315 vs. my 315 and it was about .5" difference across
    Hey Dave, I think these are the best pictures I have right now. Rims are SVE SP2 19x10 front and 19x11 rear with a +50 off set to fit flush. Next tire I go with will likely be the wider fitting Michelin PS4S so maybe I will stick with 325 wide.

Attachment 17047
    Attachment 17048
    Rear 325 tires
    Attachment 17049
    FABMAN

Thx...on my to do list...don't think GY f1's gonna cut it.?
    Hey Mav, I have had both the 555g2 and the INVOs on my GT and I actually prefer the INVO. I found the G2 didn’t hook well unless it was pretty warm outside. Can’t comment on wet as I usually don’t drive it on rainy days.

That said, the PS4S seems to be the tire of choice right now (but more money). Although I have never tried them the new Firestone Indy 500 tires seem to be getting good reviews as well on Mustangs and they are really affordable options.

I believe newbie put those on his black 2014 GT so perhaps he can chime in on his thoughts.
    FABMAN

The Indy 500 are great tires for the $$. Have them on my SVO (admittedly a low-powered car compared to modern stuff), and also had them on an Ecoboost demo I had a few summers ago. Pretty good size range they have in that model too. They do tend to be a bit noisier than premium performance tires though, especially on older road surfaces.

https://www.firestonetire.ca/tire/firehawk-indy-500

Maybe a moderator should split off this portion of the thread pertaining to tire discussion ... ????
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries