Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Fuel Light on S550

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Dave, just hit ok on the steering wheel and the message goes away from the screen.
    Thanks Fab, not the message though, I'm talking about the actual Orange fuel light that comes one down below on the screen

Curious I’ve been told that not a good idea to run with low fuel in tank cuz debris in bottom of tank , any truth to this ?

Full can of SeaFoam added a couple or three times a year keeps the bottom of the tank pretty damm clean.
    While picking up debris on bottom of the tank is less of a issue (vs internet hype) biggest reason for running above 1/4 tank is to A ~ ensures pump does not suck air on a turn or braking (while a consideration for your daily driver, on a boosted ride can mean difference between a blow up or not from lean pop), B ~ fuel in the tank helps to keep the pump cool n happy.
    I've posted this before but worth saying again, on commercial duty vehicles we are seeing several times the normal fuel pump life adding an ounce or two of two stroke injector oil to the fuel on a semi reg basis.

^^well Dave there’s ur answer fill it up “Fkn guy”

Seeing GR wuz chirping at 3am , not likely to get a response till late afternoon lol

I don't think you want to be running your car at anything lower than just under half anyway. For a road course car if the gas is sloshing around you don't want your pumps starved for fuel with body roll etc.

E85 burns 25% more than regular fuel as well, gotta keep it topped up.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

Buys a Shelby doesn’t like gas stations

Even with the baffling in the Cobra tank, aim for using top 1/2 ish on my own car. Keep in mind, most tanks have little to no baffling.