Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  82
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a truck ~ New vs Used~

call me old school but I like V8's
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    call me old school but I like V8's
    You're old school.

But I don't fully blame you. I always order my trucks with the 8 cyl option, resale wise they always do a little better vs the 6er's and as stated I put sub 10k kms on my trucks a year so econ is low priority. I will say modern stuff with the multigear transmissions do pretty damn well highway. Our owners new 6.2 Sierra Denali with a 10spd is better highway than my 5.7 and 8spd Ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

We bought an 08 Tundra with 183,000 km on it 7 years ago and today it's still running strong, the box doesn't look all that great but the motor and drivetrain all still running strong. All we've had to do is the brakes, oil changes and tires since we bought the truck and when we buy a newer truck we're going back to a Toyota Tundra.

Just my 2 cents.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

I bought my ‘12 ram slt in 2015.. 11k on the clock for $25k tax in. Was a pretty insane deal at the time.. guess no one wanted a red truck.

I say buy used.. I’ll never buy a new vehicle.
    '88 LX

Currently looking in the 3 ish year old range but finding prices aren’t reflecting the age. Still expensive.
    I’ve never had a new vehicle either, never really considered it till now.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

I found when shopping for mine that trim packages/extras cost so much more on a truck vs. a car. Is it just me?
    '88 LX

Not so much more cost new but more value retention. Used higher end trucks hold value like crazy. Difference between a used Laramie and a used SLT is pretty wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Problem is I have a 2011 f150 platinum. Would need a Ram Laramie at least

Keep in mind when looking, have dealer shoot you the vin number and decode online yourself. That way you'll know exactly what your going to look at it. Even on a Laramie, can be ordered minus a whole bunch of the higher end features so be wary of dealers advertising fully fully loaded when in fact they can be missing 10K plus plus plus of options. Very little comes in a Ltd that can't be found in a jammed Laramie. Other thing to watch, don't get stuck with a big gear in the rear end if you really don't need it. Mine pulls like a mofo with just 3:21 out back. For some odd reason, bulk of the Rams out there are ordered without Ltd slip in the rear, put it in mine. It otherwise had every option except moon roof (major bonus as I really didn't want), front parking sensors, CD player in the console and factory running boards. Be sure to check out the available factory box / cargo lamps, super nice to have, especially with a tonneau cover. If important to you, power pedals are not all that common either.
    Ram mirrors, make sure you can deal with the size n how far the tow mirrors hang out. On my body style, not powered or power folding, perfect for me mine came with full power / defrost n power folding standard style mirrors, I use em on a reg basis in parking lots. Headlights, difference between standard lights and premium headlights is absolutely night n day on a dark road, must have option IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Problem is I have a 2011 f150 platinum. Would need a Ram Laramie at least
    In that case I doubt you’ll be happy with a Ram Classic, they’re not coming with too many options now as they phase them out, I haven’t seen one with leather in the last year. I agree with Laffs that buying new is very often worth it, my last Grand Cherokee was $54k sticker and we paid $42k for it, there are good deals to be had but you need to actually see what’s out there. Right now you can probably find 19s around that are well-priced, but beware of buying a demo-even if the dealer listed it as a demo (which they often do to makes sales quotas) and it only has 2-400km on it, the warranty starts when it’s first registered.
    Personally I would go for a Toyota if you can swing it, but be prepared to pay way more than a comparable domestic.