Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  82
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a truck ~ New vs Used~

SlipperyVic
    If you're anything like me I'd suggest that you not go an drive one. That ISB is a nice motor. Mine is the standard output 370hp/850tq. The HO in the 3500 is 400/1000. That will get the job done in a hurry.

So far best tank has been 13L/100km and the worst has been 14.1L hand calculated. That's cruising at 120km/h+ too. The Power Wagon burned 24L/100kms so expect Shell stocks to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyVic View Post
    If you're anything like me I'd suggest that you not go an drive one. That ISB is a nice motor. Mine is the standard output 370hp/850tq. The HO in the 3500 is 400/1000. That will get the job done in a hurry.

So far best tank has been 13L/100km and the worst has been 14.1L hand calculated. That's cruising at 120km/h+ too. The Power Wagon burned 24L/100kms so expect Shell stocks to go down.
    One of my good friends got a 19' Mega Cab 3500 SRW, HO with the Aisin. He then did a full Carli suspension package to it with King's and 22's on Toyos. Then he demanded I drive it. Basically the automotive equivalent of giving a junkie a needle and vial and saying have at er.

Been a huge Cummins fan for a long while, ever since our family was running first gens. Run a few 4300 Int's with ISB/ISLs as well as a Freightliner with an ISL. Only motors I like over Reds are Yellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

my son picked up a 5.7 night edition express classic 8 sp tranny, good bang for the buck but kind of no frills interior does ,the job
    Unfortunately rates aren’t as good as Ford and GM right now . Can’t justify 72k pickups I’m seeing though , 40 k’ish to me is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Looking at F150's but open to other brands. New truck will be a long term keeper as mileage will pile up quickly.
    What the best plan? Kinda looking at lease trade-ins right now.
    Don't buy new. As soon as you drive it off the lot it takes a nose dive on what it is worth. Buy something a year old with low kms. Deals are out there. Search daily on Kijiji/autotrader/facebookmarketplace. See what things are listed for and then you'll be able to tell if something is a good buy or not.
    I'd say if you are unsure on what brand you want to buy, go drive each of them. Just because truck A gets the best mileage... truck B might be more comfortable to drive. IMO comfortable > mileage.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Don't buy new. As soon as you drive it off the lot it takes a nose dive on what it is worth. Buy something a year old with low kms. Deals are out there. Search daily on Kijiji/autotrader/facebookmarketplace. See what things are listed for and then you'll be able to tell if something is a good buy or not.
    I'd say if you are unsure on what brand you want to buy, go drive each of them. Just because truck A gets the best mileage... truck B might be more comfortable to drive. IMO comfortable > mileage.
    That depends on the deal-especially when you consider the mileage and warranty that has been used. Case-in-point, our family ride was recently totalled (everyone was okay and we were pricing out a replacement, new would have cost me $51k, so I searched and searched for a good pre-owned option, most were around $40k with 20k on them....at used car rates of 5.9%, compared to new at 3.9%, what’s the better deal at that point?

If your not impulsive and keep your nose to the ground looking, there is always an insane deal out there with your name on it. From my Fox to my GT to my first Cobra onto my second and finally the one I have now, all purchased well below market, same goes for last few trucks. Key is to treat it like the business transaction it is and keep the stars outta your eyes. No matter how much I may want, always comes down to the numbers.
    JMO

Not really in a rush, would like to find one by spring time.
    Find it hard with dodge the options don’t seem consistent.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Decode options via vin number is key with Ram.

Another good clue to options, look at the number of buttons (or missing ones) on the center stack.
    Rotary shifter means 8 spd trans.
    Only thing odd in this pic (Dave's truck) decent amount of fuel in the tank.

i just paid 38 for my loaded 2019 f150 xlt ... tax in sooo i would probably look into new.. it was 54 plus tax sticker