Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 407 Rant

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post

Only bright spot, was a recent "exclusive" offer that was made to me by them.....offering a flat $60/month if I get on between 7-9:30 am. and 3:30 & 6 pm. Probably because I sent them a nice letter explaining how costly their highway is and how its becoming out of reach for many to use (despite all their ads/radio commercials promoting the benefits, i.e. reduced time). I can't argue that it doesn't save time, because it does for me....but $11,000.00 for that time savings? No way Hosea!

Rant off.
    Thats a steal it costs me most days between 20 and 30 each way for an average of 55 bucks a day....I started leaving earlier and driving north and through small roads which adds another hour plus on my 12 plus day as is. fuck them

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Club Supporter
    Yes very likely.....because ALL elected parties are after just one thing; maintaining their power. They don't think about their short sighted decisions (in this case, I believe Harris wanted to balance the books). I'd like to a law instituted whereby the government in power can't sell something valued more then $1B without getting the publics ok.....hold a vote/referendum.
    I haven't seen the business case or DCF analysis that was done on this so not sure if the bird in hand was worth more than the future birds to be received - the debt paydown opportunity after the Rae government probably looked attractive and may or may not have been worth more than the discounted future cash flows but if it was, they should have built consumer price protections into the contract....plus they likely under-priced it.

That's a long way. How much does that cost you (Milton to 115)?
    Just got the bill last week. The whole two way trip was $94.75, including $16.80 in camera charges. I don't use it enough to get a transponder.There is a trip charge of $3.00 ($1 x 3). I did get off near North York to have lunch with my son. The actual toll charges were $71.00. The bill is for the 407ETR and the 407 (provincially owned, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Just got the bill last week. The whole two way trip was $94.75, including $16.80 in camera charges. I don't use it enough to get a transponder.There is a trip charge of $3.00 ($1 x 3). I did get off near North York to have lunch with my son. The actual toll charges were $71.00. The bill is for the 407ETR and the 407 (provincially owned, I think).
    Geez.....brutal. A transponder rental is one of the few "cheap" things in the 407 world of charges and would pay for itself on three or four trips. And yes....they nickel and dime you all over the place with the $1.00 fee each time you enter the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    For me, I have two options to get to work: “highway” 7 or highway 407. I go from the east end of Markham, to the west end. It’s 20 minutes or 40 minutes. You can’t really call hwy 7 a highway, it’s not.
    Don’t really have a lot of alternate option up here.
    I take majormack to and from Markham ( 9th line) it’s 40 minutes no matter what you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Maybe I should ditch the transponder and get a new set of Ontario License Plates.
    -Don____________

Maybe I should ditch the transponder and get a new set of Ontario License Plates.
    I'll bet those Toll gates will have clear as day pictures of the new plates....despite cops saying they're having trouble under certain light conditions. But.....let me know if it works for you. LOL!!

When the 407 first opened the charge was something like $0.04/klick. Now it's 30-40 cents a km, or more, depending on time. I am a regular user of the 407 due to having to drive all over the city every day.In the last 2 years my average monthly bill has risen from about $150 to near $300. My F550 dump truck is considered a "heavy" truck and if it uses the 407 on a busy day we pay almost $1.00 per click. Absolutely rediculous.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Statement from 407.

“Our equipment can capture the plate image with no issues. We calibrate our systems whenever a new plate appears on the road and we work with the Ontario government when a change like this is made.”
    Kevin Sacks
    407 ETR

But at the same time they will not publicly say the new plates can't be read. Otherwise there would be line ups at Service Ontario, lol!

Lol was just going to post something similar