Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 407 Rant

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Statement from 407.

“Our equipment can capture the plate image with no issues. We calibrate our systems whenever a new plate appears on the road and we work with the Ontario government when a change like this is made.”
    Kevin Sacks
    407 ETR

But at the same time they will not publicly say the new plates can't be read. Otherwise there would be line ups at Service Ontario, lol!

Can’t be much worse than my tattered white plates , at one point there was no colour left on the symbols , I know it’s my responsibility to bring them in for replacement . I temporarily took a marker to them

Should have been a no toll highway in the first place.
    I remember years ago when it was free to use for 3 months and it took a big load off the 401.

It's hard to ignore the time savings but the compensation doesn't match the value. Typical Canadian attitude, we will bitch passive aggressively on a forum but won't publicly stand to make effective change. I'm no better. Fortunately my 407 bills are covered by my employer, so I don't rattle the cage.

I travel 401 everyday from Pickering to west Scarborough. Commute is 32 km one way and just under an hour - if it snows, forgetaboutit. On the days I have to go to my head office at Keele and Finch, I take the 407. I am door to door in about 35 minutes. It's 17 km further.

My Monthly bill is $100.66 before tax and 202.1 km. Talk about getting reamed! I need to stop taking it.

I have to think it's a loser and that's why the rates are high - I don't use it much - maybe twice a year - but outside of rush our traffic it's pretty baron - maintenance and expansion must cost a ton - really glad I live north - sometimes I find Hwy. 9 a good quick route to go across the top and come down from there
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Daily user $280-$300 month

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I have to think it's a loser and that's why the rates are high
    I disagree... The point is you're paying the "luxury" price to reach your destination the fastest way in saving time. As more people use it and traffic jams occurs. It's a negative impact on the highway and what they stand for. Why sit in a traffic jam on the 407 when you can do the same on the 401 for free?
    Raising the rates over and over again keeps the traffic flowing. It's a win win for the 407.
    The money lost from the riders who stop using it, will be gained back (if not more) by the riders who continue using it with those ridiculous rate fees.

I think last time I used 407 it worked out to be a 1 Dollar per Minute.....

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    It's hard to ignore the time savings but the compensation doesn't match the value. Typical Canadian attitude, we will bitch passive aggressively on a forum but won't publicly stand to make effective change. I'm no better. Fortunately my 407 bills are covered by my employer, so I don't rattle the cage.

I travel 401 everyday from Pickering to west Scarborough. Commute is 32 km one way and just under an hour - if it snows, forgetaboutit. On the days I have to go to my head office at Keele and Finch, I take the 407. I am door to door in about 35 minutes. It's 17 km further.
    I was thinking.....maybe we could hire some people to form a blockade and maybe shut it down for a couple weeks and see if that gets us somewhere? Sorry.....I just couldn't resist. LOL!