Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Start or Not to Start....Winter Storage

No start. Car covered and battery out and on the work bench on a trickle charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

No start here either, batteries are out sitting in the basement.

This is the storage recommendation from the 2018 Mustang GT Owners Manual.

• Start the engine every 15 days for a minimum of 15 minutes. Run at fast idle with the climate controls set to defrost until the engine reaches normal operating temperature.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang4 View Post
    This is the storage recommendation from the 2018 Mustang GT Owners Manual.

• Start the engine every 15 days for a minimum of 15 minutes. Run at fast idle with the climate controls set to defrost until the engine reaches normal operating temperature.
    You beat me to it! I remember reading this in my owners manual (for my 2012 Boss302) as well. I'm wondering if this is something that's come about for newer cars vs. the classic car era? Would be interesting to find out the thought process behind this recommendation and WHEN Ford introduced it into their product owners manual.

For me, my Shelby stays off still I'm ready to put her back on the road in the spring. I'll have to check the owners manual to see what it says.....