Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Leafs Discussion Thread. :)

2019/2020 Leafs Discussion Thread. :)

As Always i will watch most of the games, and as usual i will make my prediction...its pretty
    much the same as always...They will NOT win the Stanley Cup and im willing to put money down today that they will LOSE in round 1 AGAIN! ill add that this will be Babcocks last season as he will be fired for failing to ever get out of the first round while coach of the Maple Leafs...the issue with the Leafs will always be there Defence and the fact they think they can outscore there issues...might work during the season a few times but not in Playoffs.....
    Record Holder Of The Fastest 2011-2019 Street Driven Coyote Powered Mustangs in Ontario....2014 GT 8.71 @ 157, 2015 GT 9.20 at 148, 2018 GT 9.91 at 148.4, 2019 GT 9.79 at 143....Proud Supporter of Barone Performance, Lund Racing, Team Beefcake Racing, Finishline Performance, American Muscle, 5.0Resto, CJ Pony Parts!

I was thinking wow,they won the first two games of the regular season.
    Looking good so far then they lose to Montreal after a 4-1 lead and end up losing in a shoot out.wtf

Maybe playing two days in a row was a factor and did them in,lol.

I wonder if they would have won tonight with Anderson in goal?

I think Babcock will be gone by Christmas if the Loafs run in to some rough patches. Too many Chiefs on the roster...

I know Dermott will return but FFS please get rid of Martin Marincin who wasn't any good when they acquired him in 2015.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

I don't pay much attention to the NHL anymore since the strike, but I do see some high lights on BT in the am - for the most part I think goal tending and the way they are taught to play is failing most teams - I played a lot of hockey and all positions in hockey including goal and was taught to be a stand up goalie unlike the floppers that are produced today. Floppers are playing the odds and when you play the odds the odds always win and the team loses - just like in Vegas - when bad goals go in it deflates a team - when goalies stand on their heads even bad teams rise to the top...would love to see stellar stand up goaltending again.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Still remember watching the Leafs in the 1970s with my father and brother ... my father would be shouting at the TV for Palmateer to stand up like Bower and Sawchuk! LOL
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

It’s even hard to pretend that I care about the Leafs anymore. The last few years I have only watched the Raptors and winning the championship was indescribable. Made my summer.

As for the Leafs, I will likely be selling my jersey and Leaf jacket on Kijiji as I can’t bear to take them out of the closet anymore.
    FABMAN

Should be far more worried about winning games than who is wearing the 'C' but that's none of my business.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

Beat by a 42 yr. old former Jr.B, now emergency backup, Zamboni driving goalie. This has to be a new low for the Leafs. So much for the sacrificial lamb....aka Babcock. Yikes!

I like that at every game there is a goalie ready to sub in for either team if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    I like that at every game there is a goalie ready to sub in for either team if needed.
    Apparently its only the 3rd time one has been used in the history of the NHL. Can't imagine what it must have been like for him. Glad he didn't get shell shocked out there.