Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How hard to change a roof on a fox mustang??

How hard to change a roof on a fox mustang??

So, I was messing around and after 11 YEARS of owning my 1990 GT, I realized the door tag says my car came with a sunroof!?! It currently does NOT have a sunroof. Im surprised because I've had this car stripped completely for a repaint about 5 years ago (we're talking every body panel came off) and nobody mentioned anything to me about the roof being switched. I bought the car off the original owner who never mentioned anything. I asked if it was original paint, he said it was. I was inclined to believe him because the car was rusty around the rear fenders and the rad support was pretty eaten up. I have the used vehicle package, there was nothing in there... Im stumped! Any chance the door tag is wrong?? Or is it more likely at some point the owner switched to a non sunroof???? Any tricks on how I could check this?? What do you guys think?

Do you want to have a sunroof that bad? If not, don't worry about it, save the $$ for something else IMO.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Door tag may not be wrong but maybe the factory made a mistake and did not put the sunroof in?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

A Marti Report would show if a sunroof was on the option list.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Do you want to have a sunroof that bad? If not, don't worry about it, save the $$ for something else IMO.

The only reason I would care is the "why" it was changed... I mean it makes no difference now.. the car is straight, and if it was changed then Im guessing they did a good job. I mean, I never noticed... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    A Marti Report would show if a sunroof was on the option list.
    maybe I'll get one just to compare...

Does the door VIN match the dash VIN.

If there was rust repair at some point, they may have put a clean used door on it.
    -Don____________

ironically - I just chopped the roof off of a fox a few days ago.... for a spotless sunroof for my '79

My 79 has the typical rot around the front edge and rear of the sunroof.... and I found a 93 fox that had a spotless roof - but rotted strut towers/rad supports.

Seriously though- I felt terrible running a reciprocating saw through the 1/4 glass...

While not super common, does happen where door tag / vin shows options that may be missing. My previous truck showed it came with power pedals, didn't have em.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Does the door VIN match the dash VIN.

If there was rust repair at some point, they may have put a clean used door on it.
    Both have the same VIN, in fact all the info on the door tag is correct except for the sunroof code... maybe it leaked and rotted, original owner swapped it out.. who knows!... maybe im just disappointed in myself for not knowing/seeing that after all this time