Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How hard to change a roof on a fox mustang??

http://www.mustanggt.org/90decode

this is the site i used to decode the VIN and door tag if anyone is interested..

My 89LX has that big factory sunroof.
    No cover to block the sun.
    Idiots.

I had to put on two layers of the darkest window tint I could find to stop sweating my head off in the summer with the AC on.

Solid roof would be my choice in a fox.

In fact I always wanted to convert a convertible back to a notch (as that’s how they were originally made) or perhaps a targa notch with a fabric roof panel that would utilize the vert latches and doors but that project would be so cost prohibitive that it will only remain a what if idea.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by 90GT View Post
    Both have the same VIN, in fact all the info on the door tag is correct except for the sunroof code... maybe it leaked and rotted, original owner swapped it out.. who knows!... maybe im just disappointed in myself for not knowing/seeing that after all this time
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Probably a manufacturer error since you have found no evidence that the roof has been changed. Would you have bought the car if you noticed the error?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Even stripped for a repaint to bare metal you may not be able to tell if the roof skin had been changed, and good for you that whoever changed it did a good job. Of course, the tag could be wrong, but I’d sooner bet the skin had been changed, those sunroof cars always rotted out.

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    My 89LX has that big factory sunroof.
    No cover to block the sun.
    Idiots.

I had to put on two layers of the darkest window tint I could find to stop sweating my head off in the summer with the AC on.
    Another trick that works well, paint from the inside with flat black paint. From outside looks like darkest most perfect tint you've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Probably a manufacturer error since you have found no evidence that the roof has been changed. Would you have bought the car if you noticed the error?
    TBH I would have passed on the car if I was told that the roof had been changed. Not because I wanted a sunroof, but because the overall condition of the car at the time wasn't great. I got a killer deal knowing it would need a repaint and some repairs. Oh well, it is what it is!