Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  126
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: was a nice day

Roads are still cold though, summer performance tires are hard as oak at these temps. Cold tires + cold roads + RWD + big torque = too much potential for things to go bad.

Best to wait until it's consistently above 7 or 8 degrees IMO. But you're all adults, capable of deciding for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Roads are actually quite clean in my area (Burlington) and my car is ready to go but i'm not really driving it yet. Only took it out to bed the new brakes!

Never saw a follow up, Ford get you fixed up ok? What they find?

I've had mine out the last two weeks on snow tires. Battery went kaput in December so parked it and only drove my winter car. Quick pay and spray wash today too. So worth having it out from an enjoyment standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I was wondering about this also?
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    2 things....before I took it to the dealer I changed the RR caliper. When I did the brakes initially one slider was seized and when I turned the piston in...it was almost impossible then all of a sudden it collapsed in. I had put it back together then later decided I should change it. So once changed, I bled just that one caliper, but this time with the key in the ON position as recommended by someone as they stated it powers the ABS module. Once I did that, most of my pedal came back. BUT since it was going to the dealer anyways for the airbag recall I decided to still let them do the bleeding with their tool/machine that activates the ABS during the procedure. Long story short brakes are all good now! Too bad I haven't been able to drive it since

However im probably going to start my heat exchanger install today

Good to hear your fixed up.

Had mine out last Saturday, went for a drive with the wife since we can't go anywhere else.
    It was cold but sunny and the roads were clean enough, probably not the best temps for the super sports but i took it easy and didn't have any issues with traction.
    Plan on driving it to work on Friday if it's sunny.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by N89 View Post
    Had mine out last Saturday, went for a drive with the wife since we can't go anywhere else.
    It was cold but sunny and the roads were clean enough, probably not the best temps for the super sports but i took it easy and didn't have any issues with traction.
    Plan on driving it to work on Friday if it's sunny.

1.jpg

2.jpg
    Killer ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^
    Thanks, you too.

Now with what is going on with this pandemic, is it cool to still drive this cars?
    I mean... i still have to drive to work anyway so is it douchey to drive this instead of the truck?
    How about the weekends, is it still ok to go for a drive as long as we keep isolated from everyone else?

I took mine out last night for its first real drive of the year...I don't see any issues! If anything the best time since there are way less idiot drivers on the road!