Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  117
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ram 1500 Warlock

Nice touches

Thanks!

I picked up Nite shades to tint the rear light above the cab and to lightly smoke the rear taillights....but my son is trying to talk me out of it. He likes the contrast and thinks I’ll spray them to dark.

Mustang Occasionally
    It now looks like one of those Rams that turns on it’s red and blue lights after passing it

First time towing the enclosed with the GT inside it...I didn’t have my spotter (son) while loading the car so I pulled it in to far forward and the weight wasn’t distributed properly for the drive there.
    On the way back with his help I positioned it properly and it was noticeably better.
    The truck pulled really well using the tow haul mode and the brake controller worked great.
    Also real happy with the exhaust choice. It’s exactly the sound I was looking for.

I think with the addition of the SumoSprings it will be a lot better.
    They will be on my list when the boarder opens back up.

The Warlock got the Krown rust treatment in Bowmanville last month and a Black series tonneau cover before winter. Also lightly tinted the 3rd brake light to match the factory tails. Truck is nearly 2 model years old now with 4000kms on it.

Last edited by WidowrRacing; 12-21-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Swapped the OEM air filter and decided to try something different vs K&N oil type.

Noticed this in the air filter box and decided to leave it because removing it requires breaking the plastic tabs off. I’m assuming if removed it would increase the induction noise and sound better when dropping the hammer.

Also after more research into the rear “sag” situation when towing I decided to go this route:

All the reviews I’ve read are great!
    I called the manufacturer prior to ordering and they were very helpful selecting the proper spring for my needs.

Install planned for the spring and I’ll determine at that point if a front levelling kit is required. I’ll also compare the stockers to these.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 01-16-2021 at 02:56 AM.

Checked out some RAM forums and found out that other filter in the air box is a carbon filter -installed for when you shut your motor off the intake venting fumes will be captured. I think Dodge started installing them in 18+ cause some members with 17 and older said they didn't have them.

With nearly 6000kms on the truck now I did it’s first oil change and while it was on the hoist swapped in the rear coils.

Tuf truck spring is on the left....I was surprised how much shorter it was but it’s considerably thicker.

And for those that haven’t heard of them.

Swap was simple but I totally forgot to measure the rear ride height before the install.
    Looking forward to seeing how they work.

Initial impressions of the new springs?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Initial impressions of the new springs?
    All I can say so far is it felt the same driving and it might be slightly higher in the rear.