Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  117
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ram 1500 Warlock

What material used on the OEM’s steel?

Mine are chrome.

With what’s going on right now and my gym closed and no idea when it will be reopening I felt the need to buy some home gym equipment before I lose my mind.

I loaded up my 20ft car trailer and headed 401W. After loading up the trailer and putting most of the weight in the front leaving the space in the rear for the bigger pieces but not necessarily heavier I was shocked at the rear sag on the truck.

I could tell the truck had enough jam to pull and the 8 speed did a good job finding the right gear which was good but this concerns me and now I’m curious how much sag it will have with the car in the trailer.

Last night I started looking at aftermarket HD rear coil springs offered, air bags and Sumosprings custom helpers.....and I also started regretted not buying a F150 with leaf spring suspension vs the coil springs.

What are you guys using to prevent this?
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 03-23-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Airlift 1000 HD.
    Easy on the wallet, easy to install, work as advertised. (while removing spring method to install seems longer, works out shorter in the long run). Just have to jack up, support via stands on the chassis, floor jack under the axle, unbolt shock, lower axle n remove spring. I do however find it doesn't take much air to level things out on a properly loaded trailer.

Thanks Rick....I’ll look into those also.

Lines can be hooked up individually or T'eed, also have very affordable compressor options with wireless remote. Did mine as individual fills tucked between top of bumper / lower edge of the tail gate.
    When filled to minimum, no neg affect on ride, in fact makes the truck feel more planted n stable.

Have you Rick or anyone else following along ever used the Sumosprings custom helpers?

The reviews look good for them.

No personal experience with them.

Truck sounds decent for stock but stock really isn’t really my style plus it’s named “Warlock” for a reason.
    Took sometime and research on this one because I wanted quality that would last for years and didn’t want it to be super loud with annoying drone. (have the cars for that).

Here’s what I decided on and the install is set for next week.

free pic hosting

5” black ceramic 304 Stainless tips.

Last edited by WidowrRacing; 04-07-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Nice! I personally like my quiet truck, I can hear the turbos whistle and that makes happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby