Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  243
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Coronavirus (COVID-19)....

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Quebecers coming back from Florida?
    That's what I was thing a couple days ago with the ramp up they saw - they have a higher % of snowbirds that most provinces. Saw this a couple days ago - doesn't help their numbers:

https://www.theobserver.ca/news/loca..._autoplay=true

Club Supporter
    Checked with my in-laws today as we have a niece who is a new doctor (resident) in Buffalo - their response (America in 2020 I guess):

She is tired – half of the residents were sent home for 2 weeks with the idea of switching out – so she has been doing over 90 hour weeks. But she says they won’t be switching out now after all. Lots of women and partners coming in to have babies – she says for sure some of them have all the symptoms but there are no tests available at any of the 7 hospitals in Buffalo so they have no idea how many actually have it. They have had to lock up masks and gloves in the dispensary because people kept stealing them. It makes it challenging when there is a rush C-section.
    There have been deaths in Buffalo – but not like NYC.

Club Supporter
    Something light:

A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.

"Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."

He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testicles black?"

Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and pulls back the covers.

She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles gently in the other.

She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."

The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly,

"Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very, very, closely:

"Are - my - test - results - back?"

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Just like yesterday's dance around regarding the carbon tax. Fucking turd!
    The worst part of covid? Trudeau survived it.

Durham Region Health Department has had 91 cases of COVID-19 reported since February 29, 2020. 16 of these people are hospitalized. Among cases of COVID-19 in Durham Region, there have been 3 deaths. To date, there have been 6 people diagnosed with COVID-19 who have recovered from their illness.

This data was extracted from the integrated Public Health Information System at 7 a.m. on March 29, 2020. The numbers may differ from other sources, as data is extracted at different times.

Above is posted on the Durham.ca website. Previously they were listing details of each individual, i.e. age, male/female, sent home to isolate, in hospital, etc.....but have now stopped doing that. Not sure why....

The total is edging up....slowly, but again, represent a very small fraction of the overall population in the region (645,000).

As the WHO said....we need to TEST, TEST, TEST.
    "Roads? Where we're going you don't need roads"