Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  368
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus (COVID-19)....

Temp dosnt immediately stop the virus it reduces how long the virus is viable in terms of spread. Which tends to reduce the arch.

It’s science and very common with viruses of this type.

So while the virus is still present it tends to spread less

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    Infected in Canada to date 1959

Population of Canada 37.59 million (2019)

Either we're no where near the peak, are handling it like a champ or governments are closing everything because everyone else is and don't want to be the bad guy.
    Our geography is likely helping somewhat as well. Right now, its all about slowing down the spread. And given the Ministry of Health (MOH) is now saying its seeing 50% community spread.....minimizing people interacting in groups is paramount to slowing it.

However, there is a very large economical impact to this strategy (and possibly worse implications for many, many people and businesses). If we just let people continue working (not just essential business/services), then it would spread, majority of people would catch it, get sick and recover and things would likely return back to normal....sooner (how long would be people actually be off....2-6 days maybe on avg.?).

Problem is....there would be a larger number of deaths AND stress to our medical system.....possibly to the point of breaking it.

Very tough decision indeed....
    "Roads? Where we're going you don't need roads"

Interesting view on the way virus cases are being calculated.....and the model may be way off.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/oxfor...likely-way-off

So far nothing but attitude and refusal for simple steps from at least half of the customers we are trying to help.

Bitchy guy mad when I told him his broken ice maker wasn’t an essential item I was going to come fix.

Angry lady about me not coming over till her 2 week quarantine was over (snowbird)

Old couple needed replacement fridge. Would not accept that we were moving to doorstep delivery’s. Accepted to put it in kitchen on the condition of everything sanitized before I get there. One person be the point of contact and at minimum 6 foot distance at all time’s.

They said yes. Got there and a neighbour came over to visit while I was there. He was out talking with 2 other neighbours on the lawn. And then she was making calls planning to go hang out with some friends this afternoon

I and many many others are fading the possibility of bankruptcy over this. All in and effort to protect the elderly and at risk like these people are AND THEY DONT EVEN FUCKING CARE

the entire retirement community was out for walks and sitting together on porches

Fuck it. If they give that little of a shit about catching and transmitting then I say we all go back to work. No sense firebombing the economy to try and help people who done even care enough to try and protect themselves..

Rant off

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    So far nothing but attitude and refusal for simple steps from at least half of the customers we are trying to help.

They said yes. Got there and a neighbour came over to visit while I was there. He was out talking with 2 other neighbours on the lawn. And then she was making calls planning to go hang out with some friends this afternoon

I and many many others are fading the possibility of bankruptcy over this. All in and effort to protect the elderly and at risk like these people are AND THEY DONT EVEN FUCKING CARE

the entire retirement community was out for walks and sitting together on porches

Rant off
    Well Covid 19 isn't nick named the "Boomer remover" for nothing.

Bitchy guy mad when I told him his broken ice maker wasn’t an essential item I was going to come fix.

Angry lady about me not coming over till her 2 week quarantine was over (snowbird)

Old couple needed replacement fridge. Would not accept that we were moving to doorstep delivery’s. Accepted to put it in kitchen on the condition of everything sanitized before I get there. One person be the point of contact and at minimum 6 foot distance at all time’s.

Fuck it. If they give that little of a shit about catching and transmitting then I say we all go back to work. No sense firebombing the economy to try and help people who done even care enough to try and protect themselves..

Rant off
    That's pathetic, and unfortunately, I know of people with similar attitudes. And it likely means the stats keep going up and the Gov't continues the "lockdown" longer.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    I thought it was the Kung-flu.

Rant off
    there's no age limit on stupid. This is really unfortunate for you and others in similar situations. I don't need to tell you these idiots are putting you and many others at risk.

A child in the US died yesterday, a young child, under 10. In the UK a young woman died, 21 I think. No underlying health conditions. The old are more at risk, but the young aren't immune either.

I miss having a few pops with people, my neighbours and I usually always ends up in someone's garage drinking beer. I got a bunch of texts from them but I'm taking this seriously and staying away from people.

But I invited my team at work to shut down at 4 on Friday and we all sign in to teleconference with our favorite beer or wine to just shoot the shit. To bring back some sort of "team energy". I'll let you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by 83 5.0 View Post
    Waiting on a conspiracy thread ...