Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generator

Generator

I m starting to think I d like to get a generator . not spend a ton of $$ But something that isn t to loud or heavy. I was thinking of running maybe furnace, maybe couple small appliances, sump pump off if hydro goes out and maybe take to the track occasionally ?... So not a tank. I don t know anything bout them. They usually say how many watts or volts?? I ve been meaning to talk to an electrician to figure out how to safely do the home hook up, but not permanently. Not sure I can do what I am thinking.. Any thoughts??

After being without hydro for nearly a week during snow n ice storm a few years back, purchased one of these bad boys when it came on sale. It's been used a couple times when powers been out plus toss it in the truck to use at track days. It's large enough to keep the heat on in the house n shop, TV, fridge and a couple of lights. Not a huge investment, love the peace of mind.

I have two Honda EU2200 inverter generators that power my 5th-wheel trailer. They can be plugged into each other for 4400 watts of power. They are light, portable, quiet, and easy on fuel.

Carmen

we bought a 3500watt champion. when the power goes out it runs the fridge, freezer. tv and wifi with power to run lots more.

it was cheap but its LOUD. ive used it for our trailer once and immediately wished I had spent more money to get a quiet one.

I've got a Friman 3300 watt inverter. It is quiet and inexpensive. So far it has worked flawlessly. Starts every time and hasn't missed a beat.

I found mine used with 4 hrs on it for $500.
    It's the same as this.
    https://www.costco.ca/firman-w03081-...100323499.html

I also have a 6500 watt coleman. Noisy as hell, hard to start but it powers my whole house.

Would love to find a small quiet one that would run off natural gas and not have to worry about fuel. Just big enough to power the furnace and fridge.
    -Don____________

I believe my dad got one of those kits off an old cop car sitting at the wreckers and rigged it up to work on his generator.

Starts it on gas and once it warms up switches it over to propane.

we bought a 4000 watt when we had that big power failure years back.fired up once since then bought the power came on before we plugged anything in.

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

Neat way for easy generator hook up.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1246108642
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Would love to find a small quiet one that would run off natural gas and not have to worry about fuel. Just big enough to power the furnace and fridge.
    You can get a conversion kit for the Honda generators.
    https://genconnexdirect.net/honda_ge...UaAqTUEALw_wcB

Carmen