Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Green Coffe anyone...

Green Coffe anyone...

www.merchantsofgreencoffee.com

This company began when my oldest daughter was a toddler. She began work here several years ago as a barista girl and a university degree. Today she pretty much runs the complete operation and is responsible for this link. She is now a huge part of where the company is today, has travelled the world to see and meet the coffee people and see where the coffee comes from. She has rubbed shoulders with some big competitors. There brick and mortar location is at the east end of Toronto neighbouring the Lamborghini and Sports cars showroom just east of the DVP. It's called "Restoration Café". A lot of cool things happen here and many celebs often hang out. Gord Downey was a frequent visitor. This is not just any coffee company. There mission is sustainability and responsibility to not only the environment but also the workers in the field. The term green coffee is just that - it is dried using solar energy and is responsible for saving several hundred hectares of rain forest that is tradition cut and burned to dry fresh coffee beans. Why am I sharing this: My girl has worked hard to bring this small company to where it is today and the challenges she has overcome is mind boggling. She is the David in the Goliath of the coffee world. If your sitting at home and wondering how to entertain yourself and love coffee - this is a link for you. Everything you need to know about the coffee world is here. If you've always wanted to roast your own beans this is the place to go. If you want to be responsible for some of the food you consume and care about where and how it is produced - this is the place to go. They also sell fresh roasted beans. In lite of todays current events it will be a challenge for small companies to survive. I spoke to her on the phone last week and she is very optimistic and is seizing the times as an opportunity. If you love coffee I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Everything is here for making a great cup of coffee. There Café location always has cool local things going on but best to check the website or social in lite of what's going on. If you can support - Thanks! They are open to respond to questions or future events!

beans.jpg

cup.jpg

mgc_banner_sign_web[1].jpg
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Good for her!
    Do they ship? Place I used to get green beans from ordered online and delivered. Super easy and convenient.

Anybody interested in roasting their own beans ....it's really quite easy.
    I started out roasting with just an old popcorn air popper. It's literally as easy as making popcorn. You eventually figure out just by the sound, smell and look when they are roasted just right.
    Eventually moved up to a more HD air roaster, but it's basically the same thing.

Fresh ground coffee is good, but nothing like freshly roasted.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Good for her!
    Do they ship? Place I used to get green beans from ordered online and delivered. Super easy and convenient.

I started out roasting with just an old popcorn air popper. It's literally as easy as making popcorn. You eventually figure out just by the sound, smell and look when they are roasted just right.
    Eventually moved up to a more HD air roaster, but it's basically the same thing.

Yes can order online pretty much everything needed...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Good for her!

Pulled this from the link
    "

Online Green Bean and Fresh-Roasted Coffee orders for pick-up and delivery are being processed daily! (More products & options coming soon)