Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  264
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Who has their Stang on the road now?

Hopefully this weekend.

Got mine all ready to go a few weeks ago, pulled it out into the driveway and brought it up to temp. Not sure when I'll hit the roads yet though.

Saw a higher than usual number of OPP cars doing radar on the 401 yesterday, article below would suggest other areas doing the same, be x tra careful out there.

There may be fewer drivers on the streets as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic but Toronto police are handing out more speeding citations than usual.According to data provided to CP24, Toronto police officers issued 2,727 citations for speeding from March 15 to March 31, which covers most of the time that the province has been under a state of emergency.
    The number of speeding tickets is up roughly 35 per cent from the same time period in 2019.

PHOTOS

Toronto police cruiser is seen in this undated photo.

The rise in tickets issued for stunt driving, meanwhile, is even more significant.
    Toronto police issued 65 tickets to drivers travelling in excess of 50 km/h over the speed limit over the last two weeks compared to 22 during the same time period in 2019. That translates into a 195 per cent increase.
    Similar increases have also been reported elsewhere.
    York Regional Police say that they have issued 60 per cent more tickets for stunt driving offences in March then they did during one year prior.

Would normally come away going it is what it is but it's hard to support a cruiser picking em off speeding down a hill when you see a constant conga line of trucks doing the limit with most spaced no more than one truck length behind one another (thank you Ont mandated speed limiters) which has also stepped up the actions of pin pong car n truck drivers trying to get around them. Is someone doing 15 or 20 over more dangerous / more important vs a situation where if one truck stabs the brakes hard there will be at least a couple or three run him over?? Same goes for how many radar traps we are now seeing in the city since the limit was dropped to 50k in many areas all the while the red light runners, double left and right turners, pin pong lane changers, high beams on and no lights on drivers are everywhere to be seen. Add to that it's rare not to see one or more cell phone / texters on even the shortest of runs to the store and a person walks away wondering wtf is going on. Don't get me started on lack of ride checks yet it would seem boozing n cruizing never stops making the news, have not seen one in years.

2 days ago, a Mustang was pulled over for doing 198km/h on the 404.

Man, what a light wt.

Been seeing sooooo many drivers on hwy 7 and 16th Ave booting along at high speeds. Some 100+ in 60 and 70 zones.

Hope to fire up my car this weekend. Not driving it, just waking it up and off the lift. Want to change out the winter tires on the Mini and the Frontier.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Saw a higher than usual number of OPP cars doing radar on the 401 yesterday, article below would suggest other areas doing the same, be x tra careful out there.

There may be fewer drivers on the streets as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic but Toronto police are handing out more speeding citations than usual.According to data provided to CP24, Toronto police officers issued 2,727 citations for speeding from March 15 to March 31, which covers most of the time that the province has been under a state of emergency.
    The number of speeding tickets is up roughly 35 per cent from the same time period in 2019.

PHOTOS

Toronto police cruiser is seen in this undated photo.

The rise in tickets issued for stunt driving, meanwhile, is even more significant.
    Toronto police issued 65 tickets to drivers travelling in excess of 50 km/h over the speed limit over the last two weeks compared to 22 during the same time period in 2019. That translates into a 195 per cent increase.
    Similar increases have also been reported elsewhere.
    York Regional Police say that they have issued 60 per cent more tickets for stunt driving offences in March then they did during one year prior.
    With less traffic on the roads, there's a lot more room to open it up....which is what I think may be happening. Easier for police to identify speeders I would think as well under low traffic conditions?

Definitely want to be a tad bit more careful out there if you're wanting to stretch your rides legs.....guess we'll all want to keep that in mind as we put our Stangs back on the road.

Had mine out last week and plan to drive it to work tomorrow.

Roads are not 100% clean but screw it i am going to enjoy it anyway. Not saving it for the next guy

Put insurance on mine 5 minutes ago.