Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 7.3 gasser F250

Potential is huge, impossible to beat displacement, just wait till they boost it.
    As for the wt, build like a brick you know what, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Since it was designed as a heavy duty truck engine I am not surprised at the weight or the CID. Torque is king in the application it was designed for. Don't think it was ever intended for performance or RPM
    I’m quite sure it was, they’ve already stuffed one in a fox at Team Z (fit is terrible), and the aftermarket has been making parts for it already, they were obviously given test engines before they were released....maybe it’s Fords way of trying to compete with the LS? Too little too late imo, but it’s also better late than never.

Engine weight isn't bad at all,especially compared to an old all cast iron 429-460.

Should be interesting to see what kind of numbers it generates for automotive use,eg,different cam,intake,etc.
    Wonder what the heads flow.

I met Josh Newman, the owner of that truck in Florida, nice guy. Only thing even more kool is the new tremor lifted factory versions.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

Quote Originally Posted by LX89 View Post
    Engine weight isn't bad at all,especially compared to an old all cast iron 429-460.

Should be interesting to see what kind of numbers it generates for automotive use,eg,different cam,intake,etc.
    Wonder what the heads flow.
    But it’s not a big-block, it’s more designed to compete with the LS and Hemi. Really with the weight it has, and the numbers it produces, it kinda seems like a huge waste of engineering, aside from packaging advantages, and the potential for future upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Potential is huge, impossible to beat displacement, just wait till they boost it.
    As for the wt, build like a brick you know what, I like it.
    Yes when they add boost the
    rwhp and torque numbers will be enormous!

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    But it’s not a big-block, it’s more designed to compete with the LS and Hemi. Really with the weight it has, and the numbers it produces, it kinda seems like a huge waste of engineering, aside from packaging advantages, and the potential for future upgrades.
    It has big block displacement.

What the future has in store for this performance wise is unknown at this point.
    Who knows how many will make it into cars.
    Lots of Mustang guys must be wondering after so many decades of Ford only offering wimpy displacement V-8's in Mustangs.

As for Ford going with cast iron instead of aluminum for the block,I don't know.

not sure but if I had to guess I would thing cast iron is cheaper and easier to cast. put it in a work truck to get some real world reliability testing and work out bugs, then they can open up production into aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    I met Josh Newman, the owner of that truck in Florida, nice guy. Only thing even more kool is the new tremor lifted factory versions.
    Black Lariat Tremor with the 7.3 is my current dream rig daily rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate