Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone thinking of an opportunity for a career change?

I'm 5 years out from retirement, and this is certainly a life changer. I am currently too old to shift gears at this point, just feeling bummed that after almost 40 years in the work force, I may need to draw EI. Not my employers fault,strictly circumstance. I am more concerned with my kids, my daughter finished her contract job today (25 years old) my son is okay, has a side business with a partner to fall back on, https://www.cv-solutions.ca/ if you need any custom pieces, parts etc., they do solid works 3 D design and can manufacture the pieces also in house.

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    At midnight tonight I have exactly 29 years in as a nuclear operator...
    Time flies... 1 year from midnight based on my age I qualify for Retirement....
    Congrats!

Congrats! 14 and change for me.

Bruce nuclear? My father in law worked there and and my sister in law’s husband works there. They live in Tiverton and Kincardine respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Congrats!

Hit my 30 yrs Anniv. Dec. 2019, told my Boss you have to package me out I'm not leaving...

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    Congrats! 14 and change for me.

Bruce nuclear? My father in law worked there and and my sister in law’s husband works there. They live in Tiverton and Kincardine respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes at the Bruce , now waiting for my daughter to take my job and buy my house so move back to Goderich my home town an hour away...my last move.

Foxstang
    My retirement depends on how the markets will go back up but I still have 25+ years of stupid work ahead of me. LOL. MBA is still a few years away...

I'd like to just be in a place where 60k year is good enough to make a decent living. In my field I can earn about 110/hour... so just need one 6 month contract per year and I'm golden.

Short answer. Yes. Probably forced.