Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bolt on upgrades to increase HP for 01 Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by dbovine View Post
    you might be able to do this with Forscan software if you order a $40 USB ODBII reader. THere are BLuetooth ones as well.

I ordered the USB one, interested to see what I can do
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

I'm getting conflicting information. Some are saying speedo calibration is a must do and others are saying it's not (internet search - not this forum). So other than the speedometer being off, are there any serious implications?
    Last edited by JZ67; 04-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    So I got my hands on 4.10 gears and plan on having them installed soon. Does anyone have the handheld tuner to reprogram the speedo? Willing to pay for the services.
    You will need a SCT tuner specific for your year of mustang, some sort of programmer and do it yourself, its easy. You can use the custom tune that comes with it for your car at this time if car is stock. Later if modded you can use it for dyno tuning. Some places like Steeda offer free custom tune when you purchase tuner from them. The tuner becomes married to your car so nobody can use theirs to correct your speedometer

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Unless you're considering a blower kit a bolt-on, 400 hp from a 2V is a very tough go as Brian mentioned.
    that's the only way he's gonna see 400 hp is with a blower, still considered a bolt on...…..me personally would junk that 2V, and drop in a coyote, after you spend modding that 2V the coyote stock will make the same HP N/A!!
    2003 Azure Mach 1.....with some bolt on's.....
    2003 Marauder.....with some bolt on's....
    2011 GT500......with some bolt on's.......
    82 GT, Coyote, build in play.......

Once the gears are in, does the speedo need to be calibrated immediately? Any harm if the speedo is calibrated at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Once the gears are in, does the speedo need to be calibrated immediately? Any harm if the speedo is calibrated at a later date?
    No harm to vehicle. My street tires are 28 inch and track tires are 27 inch on rear , just speedometer wont read correct.... I dont correct speedometer while at track. The silly traction control I have turned off using tuner also. Like mentioned before with more less stock car ensure you get a sct tuner that has free mail order tunes or tunes preloaded specifically for your car. Dyno tune of course is always better but not necessary for a stock car...I don't recommend nitrous but I used it for several years and was running high 11s on mail order tunes...but I Do Not recommend nitrous I just saying mail order tunes do work and come with purchase of tuner from certain sellers.
    Last edited by bbriann; 04-24-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

I would start with picking up a SCT Programmer, Gears (either 3:73 or 4:10) and pick up a new shifter, I prefer the MGW but there are other options as well....top it off with a S/C and boom 400hp should make for a super fun ride.

Just an fyi cost wise the SCT programmer will set you back $450 and the tune is going to be around $500, Dasliva or Steeda will be able to hook you up with everything you need.
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

Had the 4:10's put in and I really don't love it. I do notice a bit more pull on the low end but don't enjoy the high rpm's and power loss on the high end. I'm going back to stock gears.

Hmm that's too bad. I changed to 410 gear from 430 gears but have 28 inch tires on rear on street. I think I'm around 2000rpm at 60 mph.

I'm at 2500 rpm at 100kph. At 120kph (avg hwy speeds) I'm at 3000rpm.

There is rpm calculators on web that tells you what your rpm will be when changing gears and tire sizes. I think stock tires are like 25.6, mine on rear are 28 on street.