Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Aluminum Driveshaft

Shaftmasters in Lincoln Park, MI is great. Built a few customs for my buddies LS swap projects, not far from US border.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Shaftmasters in Lincoln Park, MI is great. Built a few customs for my buddies LS swap projects, not far from US border.
    They built the shaft for my Volvo LS swap. I agree, they are awesome. Their name had escaped me, thanks for the reminder.
    2020 JLU Rubicon | 2002 BMW M3 | 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon (5.3 LS) | 1990 Ford Mustang GT

Pat's price is ~$30 more vs. Shaftmasters. Benefit is I can take my yoke and flange and they can balance the assembly.

3.5" aluminum, 1330 U-joints, 43.75" center-to-center, re-use yoke and flange

Just sent pst an e-mail for quote, we'll see what they say but may end up with Pat's.
    2020 JLU Rubicon | 2002 BMW M3 | 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon (5.3 LS) | 1990 Ford Mustang GT

Hey Matt, good to see your back. We need your fox back at the road course plus I need to see if I can keep up to you. I couldn’t before but have made a few changes to my car.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Hey Matt, good to see your back. We need your fox back at the road course plus I need to see if I can keep up to you. I couldn’t before but have made a few changes to my car.
    Hi Brad, excited to be back The fox has barely been driven the last ~7 years so I tore into it last spring. The mod list will look similar to your sig except my car is not that clean so I am being more aggressive with the cutting and modifying (aka hacking)

I've been to TMP a few times since I moved to Windsor, but not with the fox. My goal is to best my (former) '11 CTS-V's lap times when the fox is done. I think it should be relatively easy, that car made 650rwhp but it was 4200lbs and on PSS tires. 3000lbs and R-comps or slicks will go a long way. For reference, the V was 4 seconds/lap faster than the fox when I was running stock engine, MM starter kit & NT01's.

I still have a lot of work left to do though and I'm notoriously slow so hopefully I can get it done in the next few months. I need to keep motivated, my Volvo junkard LS swap took 4 years! It was 90% done after 8 months and then basically sat around until last summer. Still not really done, but it is driveable now at least.

Was your V2 a Black Diamond car?

Yessir. Black Diamond 6SPD sedan. Loved that car but homes in Waterloo are much more expensive than Windsor

I think you used to live behind me lol. Riverside area?

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I think you used to live behind me lol. Riverside area?
    Yep, used to be at 990 Isabelle. Great neighbourhood, I enjoyed Windsor. But got a great opportunity to move closer to my family and had a little one on the way last year.

LOL yup. Almost directly behind you on Belleperche. Small world