Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  83
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Insurance !

No discount @ My insurance Co. (Belair Direct). Told me I could basically park one of my cars if its not being used (keeping fire/theft on it) and they would refund me the balance already paid (I paid for the yr. up front since they now charge you a nominal fee if you go monthly payments). My renewal is June 29.

Unlike when I store the Shelby for the winter, and they tell me I can't bring it back on the road for at least 45 days......they will allow you to bring the car back on anytime due to the pandemic circumstances.

Still undecided on whether I want to park one of the cars.....

My insurance company (Cooperators) offers a minimum 10% rebate but it's only for the premium paid during April 1st to May 31st. Then only paid to me in July. We'll see how it turns out.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Got an email from my brokers, OTIP... It states, the only way to reduce my premium is to change my vehicle status to pleasure driven from daily driver(commuting to work, etc.). However, my wife and I are both retired so, my vehicle status is already pleasure only. Second way to lower premium, is to remove road coverage. Well, thanks for nothing...lol

I've always had a disdain for the insurance industry and this does nothing to change my view.

So for simple math if you're paying $1200 per year car insurance and get 10% discount for 2 months = rebate of $20 oh ah...some insurance company ask fill out for and answer questions...for $20 I think best Not to contact insurance company....

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Got an email from my brokers, OTIP... It states, the only way to reduce my premium is to change my vehicle status to pleasure driven from daily driver(commuting to work, etc.). However, my wife and I are both retired so, my vehicle status is already pleasure only. Second way to lower premium, is to remove road coverage. Well, thanks for nothing...lol

I've always had a disdain for the insurance industry and this does nothing to change my view.
    Yup, I am with them too...ended up taking road coverage off my daily driver and only kept it on my wife’s car. Unfortunately I will need to call them again to add the Mustang once I pick that up...insurance companies just put me in a bad mood.
    FABMAN

Desjardin here, saved 38% off for 3 months on auto insurance.

I took liability off my JAg and all 3 of my trucks, as we aren't working. The Jag has been parked since November. I have only fire and thefr on all 4.
    I have been told that even though my wife's car is hardly being driven at all(groceries once a week, ) there is no discount.
    As far as my business insurance, also a no go. Since we are not working we don't need liability, but I've been told it would be unwise to cancel it. First, it's difficult to arrange and if we cancel it might be hard to renew (my current policy is the result of "shopping the market" by my broker for 4 months), and there would be no guarantee I could get snow plow coverage again.
    Very few insurance companies are insuring snow plow activity anymore, so to get it is expensive, hard to arrange and totally at the whim of the company.
    Thus. I'm not working in April and May. My liability and overall business insurance is around $1500/month. So, I'm forced to pay that insurance no matter what, just to make sure I can keep it. $3 grand for literally nothing.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Discounts appears to be up to each individual insurance company and only if they want to give you a discounts...not forced by the government...but media sure made if sound like every one was going to get discounts, go figure

If the insurance companies had any sense of decency they would offer a discount to everyone during this pandemic.

Ya, what was I thinking, using "insurance company" and "decency" in the same breath.

Just so we have the math right. 10% of 1200 is 120 X 2 months = $240 etc etc , agreed would not do it for 20-40 bucks but $240 + seems like a significant savings to me !

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    So for simple math if you're paying $1200 per year car insurance and get 10% discount for 2 months = rebate of $20 oh ah...some insurance company ask fill out for and answer questions...for $20 I think best Not to contact insurance company....
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile