Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Stifflers Products

Stifflers Products

Hi all,

Is anybody on here using Stifflers jacking rails and subframe connectors on their cars and if so, where did you purchase the Stifflers products and any input on them welcome.

Would be for a '96 Cobra.

Thanks and be safe.

I looked at them tears ago.Assuming you're talking for 94 to 04 mustang. Cheaper better off get steeda bare weld on subframe connectors. Also ensure purchase the connectors that the seat actually bolt onto as holds the connectors nicely in place while welding..especially if lying on back while welding.

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

If you're putting subframe connectors in the car, why jacking rails as well? The connectors make a great jacking rail, you can slide the jack almost anywhere in line with them and start pumping.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Steeda full length connectors in plain steel, best on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    If you're putting subframe connectors in the car, why jacking rails as well? The connectors make a great jacking rail, you can slide the jack almost anywhere in line with them and start pumping.
    I like the idea of jacking the car up more on the edge instead of jacking so far under the car.

Also being the same size as Steeda's, being painted with removable tape for the welding area seems more of a professional, clean looking install instead of pre-painting and painting after installed.

I thought they were a cool product but never really took off for some reason. Jacking on the rail is the absolute easiest way to get the car in the air, especially if it’s lowered.

For the amount of times most will ever jack their cars up, does the additional wt and clutter really make sense?
    If you find it hard to get the floor jack far enough under to reach your SFC's, drive the car up on four dedicated pieces of 2x6 or 2x8 with bevel cut edges to make it easier for the tires to climb.
    Or if jacking up on the edge is a priority for you, go with Steeda connectors anyways and buy yourself a pinch weld puck to jack on.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that had this image come to mind when reading the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    For the amount of times most will ever jack their cars up, does the additional wt and clutter really make sense?
    If you find it hard to get the floor jack far enough under to reach your SFC's, drive the car up on four dedicated pieces of 2x6 or 2x8 with bevel cut edges to make it easier for the tires to climb.
    Or if jacking up on the edge is a priority for you, go with Steeda connectors anyways and buy yourself a pinch weld puck to jack on.

Makes sense, I have a jacking pad for the jack and have race ramps so I guess jacking rails would not be needed, extra costs etc. involved.

https://kennybrown.com/collections/c...ng-gt-v6-cobra

These are a good addition as well I have had them in several different cars over the years