Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  64
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nitto NT 555 G2

Interesting ... I had the DW version on my 07, certainly slower steering response than other similar category tires but I found the ride to be pretty good. In wet weather they were amazing. I remember being at Mosport DDC helping at a very wet Hanson event and taking my student out for a ride near the end of the day, he was a fellow S197 owner with a fairly stock car. He was stunned at the difference in grip compared to his car.

Didn't really get much opportunity to push on the new ones on the 17 in the wet last summer to compare, but they are rated quite high for that. I'm probably going to have to put something fresh on this year though ... the Continentals are worn considerably from just last year's use. But that was almost 10,000 km, and I think 9 or 10 track days too. First few I hadn't added camber on the front yet so that was tough on the shoulders of course. Not sure yet what route I'm going to go for replacements. Depends on whether or not I end up with a second set of wheels for track use.

By the way, glad to hear that the issue with the Nittos has improved with some more miles on them.

If anyone needs 18" tires I have an almost brand new set of Conti Extreme Contact Sport 255/45 and 285/40 from my GT500. PM me!