Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  64
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nitto NT 555 G2

Any further feedback on these G2 Nittos?
    and any comparison to the Continental ExtremeContact Sport?

Looking at the tire weight, the Conti's would seem to shave some rotational mass off the wheels.

Will let u know in the spring ???
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

I put almost no miles on the Cobra last yr but a bunch on the 05. Oddly enough, more miles I put on them the less they did it and after a short drive would smooth out completely. Never seen tires do that but pleased it's worked out in the long run. Happy enough with the tires leaning towards same tires / size for the new car.

Good to hear ZR.

Im still debating between the 2. G2 and the Conti..

Wish I liked the feel n ride from the Conti's but just not for me (for sure I'm the exception on this one).
    Was also considering Firestone Firehawks but cupping is a genuine issue with them, even on the rear of some solid axle rides.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Wish I liked the feel n ride from the Conti's but just not for me (for sure I'm the exception on this one).
    Was also considering Firestone Firehawks but cupping is a genuine issue with them, even on the rear of some solid axle rides.
    Im sure youre just as picky as me.

Was the ride with the Conti's too soft? ie. sidewall flex? turn in response etc.

Wish there were more options in the 17s as there was say 10 years ago.

Rick, which Continentals have you driven on? The previous gen ExtremeContact DW definitely had a bit of a squishy sidewall compared to other max performance tires, but the current gen ExtremeContact Sport that came out a few years ago do have stiffer sidewalls in comparison. That's what I was running on my 17 last year and was pretty happy with them.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

If ya want to check them out on a ride, I’ll come by with mine when it’s on the road and take for a run .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put Nittos Gen 2 on my GT around August, I have no complaints, drives smooth and I no longer have over steer from my ok’d fire hawks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Rick, which Continentals have you driven on? The previous gen ExtremeContact DW definitely had a bit of a squishy sidewall compared to other max performance tires, but the current gen ExtremeContact Sport that came out a few years ago do have stiffer sidewalls in comparison. That's what I was running on my 17 last year and was pretty happy with them.

cheers
    Ed
    For sure it was the earlier gen. Found they felt mushy and disconnected but road like make out of concrete. Since I run track wheels n tires, for the street I'm looking for reasonable performance, good ride for a performance tire and good traction under all summer conditions.