Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Rant !

Another Rant !

This time it's Home Depot, or the HD, so they are pushing the on line sales etc, my front door lock is done , lock is in the locked position and staying that way till I take out the rear screws etc , order new lock from HD , in stock at the Ajax store, 1st it would be next day and then it was in 3 days now it 9-12 days W T F , I can understand they have piles of orders , but how can it take 9-12 days to put a lock in a cart that is in stock and send an e mail saying it ready ?? Again WTF , not like I'm going to get a discount , almost feels like their doing me a favour ?? not sure I'm liking this NEW WORLD out there ! scary $hit to us ole folks, LOL , Rant off !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

my brother works for home dept

all he has said is when you call you don't get a store. you get the regular customer service people who then have to forward your order to the store.

based on my experience I would guess the issues they are running into is, prior to this pandemic there online store never used to be lists of stuff currently in your local store. yes you could check stock but a lot of things were online order only. and on line orders were always shipped direct. not picked from local store stock.

I think they are struggling with this because its putting orders in via online then trying to have curbside pickup and its leading to them ordering things they may already have because no one is actually checking stock. my guess is their inventory is all kinds of fucked up right now.

Placed another order last night, picked it up this morning. Another seamless transaction. Could not of been easier.

Sorry your experience is different G.

Only thing I found frustrating: I needed 4 - 3/8” bolts. Normally I would of just gone up to the ‘wall of bolts’, put a few in a baggie, mark down the code and quantity, and be done. But online was quite a different experience. I was getting very frustrated until I figured out that HD calls lag-bolts “bolts”. They call actual bolts “screws”.
    -Don____________

I tried calling the store, after playing on telephone tag for 10 minutes ect, a recordeded messeage says that your call is being held in sequence , next available operator is 81 minutes ! Again WTF , I'm not waiting 81 minutes for no one !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

First curbside order at local to me HD did not go smoothly nor was the curbside pickup well organized or in the spirit of correct social distancing. Last two times in, order ready for pickup either same day or early next plus curbside aspect has been ironed out and went smoothly as well.
    Good on them for working to improve things.
    Sorry to hear where your at GL, I'm going through round two of hell ordering from Princess Auto.

For us its not that big an issue, we have access to our house thru the garage, (back door is patio glass door no key) otherwise we would be having to leave the front door unlocked all the time until the lock arrives !

Mustang Occasionally
    I ordered a bathroom exhaust fan on April 13th. I got email notification that it was ready to pick up April 29th.

Rona here in Oakville Seem to have it working, usually next day I get an email and pick it up.

Try local smaller mom and pop hardware stores if you have one. Or even a Home Hardware. Having infinitely better luck with them during all of this, will definitely continue my patronage after this shit is over as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Try local smaller mom and pop hardware stores if you have one. Or even a Home Hardware. Having infinitely better luck with them during all of this, will definitely continue my patronage after this shit is over as a result.
    This! I have ordered 4 or 5 times already from my local Home Hardware. Zero issues. Order, they call back to confirm payment, pick up on usually less than an hour. I usually don’t shop there because it is the most expensive, but I may start going more often because of their good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby