Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Sound Tube. Do I need it?

F1Fan

Sound Tube. Do I need it?

So I was wondering about this sound tube thing. Has anyone here deleted it? Is it worth removing and how easy is it to get at?

I find that sometimes when I am on the throttle hard I can get some smells in the cabin which I assume are coming from the engine bay. Is this odor coming into the cabin from this tube and will deleting it eliminate these odors? I never smell this with the windows down.

Will deleting it have any negative effect? Will it pooch my warranty?

Any ideas?

If you want to hear more of the engine sound inside the car use the tube but most people don't it's up to you. Nothing bad will happen using it or not it.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Sound Tube. Do I need it?

Most delete it just to clean up the engine bay(look wise) and prefer the noise coming from the back end ,plenty on YouTube and net.

- just a note- I still have the sound tube and I don’t get any smell like you describe-mind you “SLO TURD”
    But I’ve been to track day here and there smells are from other stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

I had my deleted, brought it to ZR and Zippy to have most of it removed and capped the last little bit of tubing that goes to the firewall as putting in that last firewall plug is a real PITA. Looks better and don’t notice any change in sound at all (but I am running a full Borla cat back with x-pipe resonator delete).
    FABMAN

F1Fan
    So it seems like there would not be a huge difference. As far as looks go, the 2019 GT engine bay has been screwed over anyway by the horrible looking plastic garbage can lid type thing. What were they thinking!
    I guess I will leave the tube alone

Quote Originally Posted by F1Fan View Post
    So it seems like there would not be a huge difference. As far as looks go, the 2019 GT engine bay has been screwed over anyway by the horrible looking plastic garbage can lid type thing. What were they thinking!
    I guess I will leave the tube alone
    I completely agree. Personally I would remove that cover all together and just put the fuel rail covers that the Shelby and the Bullet use, then delete the sound tube. Then you would have less clutter, weight and likely less heat trapped as well.

Here are a couple of links to give you a better idea.
    https://www.steeda.com/ford-performa...e-dress-up-kit

https://lmr.com/item/M9680M50BA/must...s-up-kit-18-20

Then you can add these to add a nice complement to your blue Mustang
    https://lmr.com/item/M6P067M50B/2011...s-M-6P067-M50b

6C803AEC-5C37-4DD2-9A4D-23A168B3584B.jpeg
    FABMAN

I realize you have a gen 3 Mustang but that plastic stuff is ugly on all cars so do what I did and remove it all, I like the look of my 18 intake and the tops of the coil packs, lol!

You can also save yourself some cash and paint the coil covers, I did that and they turned out nice but they still add weight so off they stay. I've sold a couple of the dress up kits but to coyote swap guys only so far.

Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

F1Fan
    That's some nice stuff Fabman. I will look into that. Thanks.